17

"I'm sorry, only family members can visit right now." The doctor said to Ashley who was panting.

"I just flew here from California, give me 10 minutes with her!" She yelled and balled her hands into fists.

"I'll see what I can do." She walked back behind the counter.

"I swear to god I'm gonna kill the son of a bitch." She started walking to the counter only to be pulled back by Camila.

"You might have 10 minutes, don't get arrested." Camila mumbled and hugged her.

The doctor came back out and walked over to Ashley, sighing. "You can have 10 minutes with her, room 93." Ashley got up and quickly went to Lauren's room. She slowly pushed the door open and looked at her. Ashley felt an overwhelming amount of sadness run through her when she saw Lauren with bruises and cuts all over her with a broken arm.

"Ashley?" Lauren asked, her voice low and rough.

"Yeah, it's me." She walked over to Lauren and sat next to her bed. Lauren put her shaking hand up and reached over to Ashley. Ashley took her hand and intertwined their fingers. "I only have 10 minutes."

"Why are you back?" Lauren asked and shifted.

"I needed to make sure you were okay." Ashley shrugged. "And I needed to tell you something."

"Did I do something?" Lauren asked and looked at Ashley.

"No, i just," Ashley sighed and rubbed her face. "I like you Lauren. A lot."