Nine: Temptations

An hour after they landed in the Philippines, they checked in the hotel his secretary booked for him. They shared the same room not because he wants to not that he doesn't want it either but because his secretary didn't know he's with someone. Fine, it's his fault for not telling but he can't risk Meria anymore. Who knows when she'll past out and gain a tail? Having the same room is also watching over her. Maybe he wanted that at all.

"You don't have clothes..." Joseph stated thinking on buying her the things she need.

Meria look down to herself. She's still wearing the same blue dress that Josephine gave her. "I have..."

Joseph laugh at himself, "I mean you don't have extra clothes."

She just stared at him as if checking him out and nodded.

Although it seems like she don't really need clothes. The thought of her stripped naked form stirred him once again. This has to stop, he thought and walk to the large glass window that extend from floor to ceiling while overlooking the busy city below.

"I look her up on the internet and her address. She don't have any picture online but she seems popular." he said before looking at her, "Susan Mabini"

***

In the busy and crowded streets of Quiapo where fortune tellers are everywhere, there is a name most popular among all.

Susan Mabini the fortune teller. People come to see her but most of them go home disappointed because she never shows up.

Just a few people saw her and they're very discreet about her identity. No one knows what she looks like, how tall or how old she is. Or so they thought.

"A crow arrived today with a scroll, they have arrived. The mermaid princess is coming to see you." the lady in a long dress and full of accessories-- a typical look for the fortunetellers of Quiapo said

"Who am I to not accept them? Of course it will be an honor, Vanessa." said a female voice on the other room separated with only a curtain. "Please prepare something for our guests."

"What do you mean guests? Only the princess is coming." Vanessa said

"She has company. " the voice said, "You know what to do."

"Yes, Susan."

***

"There are so many human here" Meria almost exclaimed in excitement while they are stuck in traffic. They're on their way to see Susan Mabini.

The cab they're in stop in an almost empty alley aside from some beggars and children playing.

They thanked the driver and it immediately drove away from them. Joseph felt something creepy in that place. It almost felt suffocating.

"Are you alright?" Meria asked him that he nodded to. "Are you sure this is it?"

They can't see any door. It's a single road alley between high walls.

"What are you looking for, child?" their attention was caught by a voice from behind. When they look back. It was a dirty old man in rags. A beggar.

Meria didn't hesitated on telling him their purpose. "We are looking for someone named Susan Mabini. Do you know her?"

The beggar look at him before smirking. "I do."

Meria look at Joseph as if they're communicating through their stares. "Do you know where we can find her?" Joseph asked

"Of course." he said looking at her. "She's been waiting for the mermaid princess."

Without giving Meria a chance to ask, he stood up using his stick and knock on the wall behind him. The door that they didn't even noticed opened up showing up another darkness.