Five years ago....

18 March

Time to leave my comfort zone!

I've always been interested in photography. I got my first camera when I was five. It was nothing special, just a Polaroid camera. However, I was fascinated by how quickly the film developed. This was also how I got interested in science but that's a story for another time. 

For a long time my photography was something I often pushed to the side. Something to fill my spare time with when I wasn't dealing with the constant question. Which girl has the better My Little Pony Dolls and how can I swap it for one of mine?  You remember that right. The weird fights in the playground over the most ridiculous things. 

Recently I started middle school, I'm a shy person at heart who sometimes has the tendency to blurt things out. So when the teacher asked me, if I had a hobby, my mouth just blurted out photography. And that's where this story starts. 

I started to take more photos, mainly for the school newspaper or for my own enjoyment. My camera quickly became a quick escape route, something to hide behind. And I used it frequently. My photography helped me, through bullying and so many more issues. But I don't want to pretend anymore. I am not the persona that everyone else wants me to be. I am me.

That's why this blog is anonymous. I don't have to hide behind my camera or my true feelings about school dramas, the other species known as boys, my clumsiness or friendship. 

I have this niggling thought that stays in the back of my head most days. I can't be the only girl who feels like this. Having to deal with all these issues. Maybe one day we can all support each other. But until then I'm going to keep posting my personal problems on here and maybe solve some of yours as well!

I'm looking forward to sharing my photos on here as well as getting to know those who are reading this, if you are reading this!  I guess that's all for know. Thank you for reading my first blog post. Please let me know what you think about it in the comments below.

The Girl Behind The Camera