.:2~ learning to play:.

A/n WAAAAH FEEDBACK SO FAAAAAST

**start**
"Alright enough boys, lets get to introductions." A tall guy with a jersey saying '1' Everyone then went in a line in front of me then started the introductions "Hi there, I'm Daichi sawamura. I'm team captain and a third year." So I'm assuming that the numbers go by ranks. Ok. Then a boy with silver hair stood forward "hello! I'm Kōshi sugawara, i'm a third year and I play setter." He then stood back in place of the line and titan with scruff on his chin stood forward "hey, I'm asahi azumane. I'm karasuno's ace and a third year." He then went back into line like daichi and sugawara. Then Nishinoya came forward "As you know, I'm your senpai, I play libero." He then went back in line then a boy with shaved hair stood forward "HEY! I'm Tanaka, a second year, and play a wing spiker." He then went back in line, but after him I lost interest until it got to #9 "I'm tobio kageyama, a first year and I play setter." He then went back as I had a small shiver go down my spine from his icy glare and cold voice. Then mr. Shorty walked up "I'm shōyō hinata, I'm a first year and middle blocker!" Then the Glasses titan stepped up "hn. Kei Tsukishima, 1st year and wing spiker." Then a freckled boy came up "sorry about tsukki. I'm tadashi yamaguchi, a first year and I'm a pinch server." He then smiled and went back in line.

Daichi San (i will be putting it like that instead of like Daichi~San) then came up to me and asked me a question I surprisingly didn't have the answer to "so what position do you play?" I was so speechless "Huh?" Then they all fell like in those superb animes. "WHY ARE YOU JOINING THE TEAM IF YOU DON'T EVEN NO YOUR POSITION!?!???!!????" Mr shorty yelled like an idiot. "To answer your question, I have never played a sport and don't find it required to understand them. This was actually the only club left so I had to join it after refusing all the other sports." After I explained I had realized that the counselor had already left "oh right I forgot, guys y/n here had to leave his club for....um... punching someone in the face for disliking his taste in music.." I put my headphones back up with a dull face as they looked at me like I was crazy. So daichi cleared his voice and asked the boys to test me while he went to look for a jacket and jersey for me to wear.

"Alright let's check out serving first, ne, L/n San?" Sugawara senpai looked at me with some sort of look in his eyes, I couldn't tell what it was but I felt I could trust him "you can call me by my first name sugawara senpai." I said in a very quiet voice. He looked at me and nodded "alright all you have to do is get it over the net." Noya san then handed me a ball with what I could tell was a signature grin. I nodded and started to look at the net. "Give me three minutes to figure this out." I said (CAUTION MATH AHEAD THAT WILL MOST LIKELY NOT MAKE SENSE BUT WILL FOR ME SORRY NOT SORRY) the net was approximately 9.7 feet away and my jump height is about 3.4 inches but if I were to get a running jump I could jump about 4.2 inches, if the net is about 7 feet and 0.8 inches tall, I still would need to do more for it to make it over the net

SUGAMAMA'S POV

I watched as his eyes started darting all over the net and distance between them. I looked over to see nishinoya and Tanaka timing him to see how long it took for him to throw it over the net, so far it's been 2 minutes and 43 seconds

BACK TO YOU

( BACK TO MATH)
If I were to throw it in the air 6.4 inches and bent my knees at a 130 degree angle and hit the ball with about 16% strength I should be able to make it to the other side. "Alright, my three minutes are done." I then looked over and they all looked paralyzed while looking at tanakas phone
Their thoughts
'He got... exactly three minutes'

I then got back a bit and threw the ball 6.4 inches and ran back then ran forward, bent my knees to 130 degrees, jumped, and hit the ball with 16.3% strength. When I got back to the floor I bowed my head in shame as I heard it hit the floor. "It's out of bounds... isn't it..." I turned to them with dull eyes as they nodded their head yes "sorry, I accidentally put in 0.3% more then I needed.. everything was perfect and precise" I mumbled the last bit, mainly trying to praise myself though I'm hugely disappointed in myself. "It's alright, you were good for your first time." Suga senpai praised me. "I will do better next time suga senpai, I promise." I then raised my head after bowing in apologies. "It's alright, now lets check spiking, nishinoya, tsukishima, and Tanaka go to the other side to try and deflect his spike, kageyama, set for him. Y/n San all you have to do is hit the ball over to the other side, but it has to be close to the net and hit the floor sharply (if that makes sense)." Ok." I then looked at the players and continued "I'll only need three minutes." I then see everyone visibly stiffen I then rolled my eyes and started calculating(SORRY but I feel you'd actually read it like this, I will only explain her calculations when important bai👾) and when my three minutes were over I turned to kageyama "throw it close to the net, slightly higher than a normal toss, and faster than a normal toss." He then nodded and he threw the ball exactly where I needed it, so when I jumped to hit it they came to block it just as I expected, so I twisted my body and used the balls speed against itself since I don't have much strength and it hit the ground with a loud thud, Nishinoya right next to it, closer then I expected, but I still did it. I grinned and thanked kageyama but he then walked up to me "if there is anything I can do to fix my toss please tell me." He then looked at me super determined so I gave him my feedback "well if you could throw it 5.6% faster and .43 inches higher that would be nice." He then nodded and ran to fix his toss.

I Hope you liked this chapter! It's a total of 1194 words, i'm going to be leaving New York and will be on a two hour plane flight so expect some more chapters, and I'll see you guys next time BAI👾👾👾