Chapter 3: The beat to his heart...home!

Philip Harrington vs. Troy 'Travis' Stanton

Gif: Gloria Stanton, (acted by the elegant Kerry Washington) doing the happy dance.

Video: We are one!

Enjoy!

***

"Paul is not here." Troy said quietly immediately after they materialized in Gloria's living room. They'd all decided that the best place to break Troy in was in his mother's house.

"He will come over as soon as you and your mother are done talking." Philip muttered as he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and began to type, sizing Troy up intermittently.

"I won't say anything until I see him." Troy insisted, a dark scowl in place. But he added after a moment; "Please."

"How about we call so that you talk to..." Jeremy began to say but trailed off when his brother began to vigorously shake his head.

"How about I see him first?" Troy didn't sound as if he was going to accept anything else. "I've been around warlocks long enough to know the tricks that can be played." He glared at Jeremy. "For all I know, the voice I heard on the phone in the warehouse was not really his. I just want to see that he's okay." He added quietly. "Is that too much to ask?"

"And what makes you think the Paul we will bring will be the real Paul?" Deloris chuckled, the look on her face showing how impressed she was.

"I'll know." Troy shrugged. "I picked up a thing or two from your kind." He stared Deloris down.

"Please ask Camille to send him over, Deloris." Gloria sighed.

"Will do that." Deloris responded as she turned to leave. "It was lovely meeting you, Troy." She called over her shoulders as she left. Troy didn't respond.

"Will you at least eat something whilst we wait for him?" Gloria implored.

"I won't be able to get anything down even if I try." Troy gave the woman who claimed to be his mother a sad look. "At least not until I see for myself that he is okay. I feel responsible for this predicament he finds himself in now. Especially with dickhead's murder threats." He jabbed a thumb toward a stern-faced Philip.

"Alright." Gloria said with a silencing glare in Philip's direction. At least indirectly, the boy had agreed to eat...at some point. "Why don't you make yourself comfortable?" Gloria waited until Troy reluctantly took a seat in one of her plush couches, then sat down beside him. "Water?"

"No, thanks."

"So stubborn." Philip muttered to Jeremy's amusement. That earned him a glare from Gloria though.

"So..." Gloria smiled. "What have you been up to?"

"You mean after you people managed to put me out on the streets?" Troy retorted. "Were you part of it?" He looked closely at Gloria. "Were you there on the day of the massacre?"

Gloria couldn't lie. She didn't want their relationship to take off on a lie. "Yes." She nodded.

"And you call yourself a mother?" Troy asked with shocked disgust.

"You don't understand." She sighed.

"Please make me." Troy said in a pained voice. "Please explain why you had to kill all those people. I can still hear their innocent screams. There were some really good people in there and you killed them all. No matter what they did to you people, I don't think murdering them makes it right. You're all murderers, each one of..."