Witch Mercy x reader: Skeptic

I know it's really late to put out a witch mercy story considering october was a while ago but like ehhhhhh..... Also maybe a part two because i actually have ideas of how to make more story out of this but like also i think it's bad because i hate my writing so like

Witch!Mercy x reader

You had always been skeptical of the new age witchcraft. It was all these things about crystals having magical powers and honestly it didn't seem reasonable at all. You preferred to focus on real things that follow along with science and the laws of the universe. The entire supernatural scene just clearly was not your thing. You could understand people who were only into witchcraft for the new age aesthetic as you had a quite similar aesthetic, but people who actually believed in it just baffled you. So when your friends dragged you over to a witchcraft store you thought it would be good for a few laughs. The store was a little bit out of town in a quieter part of the city and wasn't very well advertised. There was an unlit sign on the outside that read Angela's store for hexes and spells. The windows of the store were covered by tapestry and the entire thing gave you sketchy vibes but your friends ventured on in so you followed. The faint sounds of wind chimes filled the small shop when the door opened and you all walked in. The store had no other people in it so you and your friends just started to stroll around carelessly, looking at the various herbs and viles along the shelves.

Your friends went to go pet a black cat that was sitting comfortably on a bed on top of a cat tower. You were more so interested in finding out what other stuff was at this shop. You found the book section quite easily and started looking through all the books. Spell books and herbal remedies were the main theme. However there was one book that seemed to be hidden among the rest of the old dusty second-hand books carelessly placed on the shelf. Black magic and curses. This book peaked your interest and you picked it up, flipping through the pages and seeing hand written cursive notes on pages with demonic looking sketches. after seeing some very gory sketches and feeling sick to your stomach you put the book back and looked back up at your friends, now playing with the cat and it's cat toys.

You kept walking and found a premade potion section. On the shelves were an assortment of different shaped and sized glass bottles with homemade labels saying what they did and the ingredients. Most of them were honestly a joke. One said to heal sickness but it was just various "infused" waters and different flower petals. One that kept bringing back your attention was a slim tall bottle with the words love potion written in a gold ink on the label. The potion itself was a deep purple colour with something sparkling mixed in with it.

"Do you have someone special?" A quite and sweet voice came from directly behind you, making you jump up a bit in surprise. You turned around to see a blond woman standing very close to you wearing a stereotypical "sexy woman witch costume" but with a lot more effort and quality put into it. She was standing very close to you and giving you a crooked smile that looked close enough to a seductive smirk. You gave her a confused and concerned look so she continued to explain what she was saying earlier "You were looking at the love potion, did you have someone in mind who you were going to use it for?" She asked while giving you a quizzical look.

"No I just uhh...." You stuttered and paused, not knowing what to respond with. She was also standing insanely close to you, like close enough that you could notice every detail of her face. You looked over to your friends, seeing the one friend who you had had a crush on for over a year but you don't know what to say and don't want to ruin the friendship so you kept quiet. You thought of how good it would feel if you could finally have her. You turn back to the woman, biting you lip and speaking softly. "Does it really work?"

"Try it for yourself."The woman's smile-smirk only grew as she gracefully snatched the bottle from the shelf, popping open the cap and handing it back to you. You didn't know what was going to happen and probably should have asked more questions because you expected that if you drank it, people would fall in love with you, but as you took a sip from the bottle the witch snaked behind you, putting her hands on your shoulders, leaning in to your ear. "It will make you fall in love with the first person you see." She said with a little giggle. Without thinking you turned around to see if she was being serious. When you locked eyes with her you started to feel butterflies in your stomach, your heartbeat skyrocketing. You suddenly realized how intoxicating her scent was and when you saw how perfect her lips looked you bit your lip.

She suddenly started moving away from you so you turned around and grabbed onto her shoulders to keep her in place, she seemed to like you being assertive. She wasn't that much taller than you so you only needed to tilt your head up to reach her lips. You kissed her more passionately than you knew you were capable of and she kissed back, putting her hands on your hips and holding you close. Even though you only knew her for a few minutes kissing her made you feel like you were letting go of so much sexual tension that you had been holding onto. It was a long kiss but not long enough, and after it was done you felt completely intoxicated. She let go of you and let out a small laugh, "Do you think the love potion works?"