~4~

"Im George."

It all clicks.

His face, his voice, his hair, his slim appearance. Beth KNEW she recognized him. It's George Harrison of  The Beatles. She begins to get excited inside, but remembers the situation he is in, and understands it wouldn't be an appropriate time. He's still a person with feelings, everyone should understand that.

"Hello, George. I'm Beth."

He looks up at her, and stares into her eyes. He seems like he's fallen into a trance.

"I uh- I..."  He mumbles.

As Beth begins to open her mouth to say something, she hears somebody yelling from behined her.

"George! There you are! What are you doing out here buddy?" He says. George quickly turns around and looks at him.

Beth looks at the man as he comes closer to the two. She immediately recognizes him. It's Paul fucking McCartney.

"Oh.. sorry! I was just uh.. I was just drawn towards this beautiful bridge , thats all." He says. He sounds shaky. He's obviously lying to stay safe.

"Ah, well don't wander away from me without warning next time, mate." Paul says.

"Hey, who's this lass ya got right here?"  He looks Beth up and down.

"Oh yeah, thats... um-"

"I'm Beth." She interrupts to avoid awkwardness.

"Well hello, Beth. What's a lady like you doing out here this late?" Paul says. He has a smile across his face. His cheeks are red from the cold air.

"I was just going for a walk and I-" She begins to talk, but George interrupts her.

"She dropped her purse and I helped her out. Then we struck up a conversation." He lies.

"Oh, well I'm sorry for interrupting your conversation. But it would be quite rude for me to not introduce myself. I'm Paul. But you can call me Paul." He reaches his hand out, and Beth shakes his hand.

"Good evening." She replies.

"We were going to head out to the coffee shop downtown, would you like to join us so you could continue your conversation?" Paul asks. He's probably talking about the coffee shop she went to earlier.

"Oh, uh.. sure!" Beth says. Normally she wouldnt say yes to random people, but she thought it's be interesting to have a conversation with two of The Beatles. George stands silently. He looks embarrassed.

"Come along, you two!" Paul says, and signals for them to follow him.

She starts walking and notices George isnt moving.

"George?" She asks.

"Right." He begins to walk and catches up with Beth.

Nobody says anything except Paul. He keeps talking, telling jokes.  She forces a laugh out on a few of them, just to be nice.

"Alright Paul, we get it!" George says.
He sounds better now.
After a few minutes, they arrive at a car. George opens the door for Beth, and smiles at her. They all get in and they close the door.

"Take us to the ol' coffee shop down 78th street, chap." Paul says to the driver. He nods and begins to drive away.

Beth then fully realizes;

She's in a taxi with two of The Beatles.

And she just saved one of their lives.