Character introduction- Nova

I'm trying something out, basically fusing narrative with a poem I wrote and deleted, I'm using this to my advantage so I can introduce my characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's it mean to live life to the fullest? Well...I've heard a lot of different things to answer this question

In a space, nothing but black, a girl felt herself floating. A tight feeling overcame her chest, and she didn't have time to think, just feel herself lose entire feeling in body to succumb to this tight feeling. Pain. That was what it was, and she didn't know why. She opened her lips to let loose a cry, but she found herself mute. The rest of body felt light for a moment, like she became succumbed in water, or more like she felt herself drowning, sinking lower until all senses disappeared. Until it all became numb..

The girl gasped, skin forming a layer of sweat as she laid facing the bare ceiling, trying to find her breath. She sat up rapidly when she felt the same tightness from her dream in her lungs. Taking a minute, she just took deep breaths and gasps, grounding herself from both her dream like trance and painful panic. When she felt herself return to normal, her wrists rubbed at her paining head vigorously, she sat bringing her knees to her chin and sitting in fetal position.

I know that for as long as I've lived, I haven't achieved that. If anything I'm lost

With great effort, she moved her heavy limbs, swinging her legs over and pushing herself to stand. A big wave of fatigue came over her, as she felt all those days of no rest washing over her, her vision remained dark. She felt the need to collapse, her stomach, lungs, everything protesting her decision to stand much less move. Yet, she continued to her little desk in the corner of her dimly lit room. She grabbed the chair, sitting herself down, her elbows sat on the edge, and her hands formed her fist where her head later rest.

If anything I've been living without a purpose, and I felt like it'd be better if I didn't live

With a deep inhale through her nostrils, and exhale through her mouth, she grabbed at the keyboard sitting idle by a large monitor. The ticking of keys echoed the room as the girl typed quickly, eyes scanning the screen as the many letters, numbers, and symbols she wrote appeared before her. They seemed to be codes. She bit her lip, eyes narrowing at a line of different numbers. She continued this for a while, typing, pausing, typing, pausing. In a montoned cycle.

I had things I liked to do, things I was good at, but I found those things didn't really matter if I couldn't live up to others. I pushed myself, but to what purpose? Now I'm just lost, with these skills that don't really show my nature. But, at the same time if I don't have them, then who am I? I would watch, my form as an empty shell who lost herself, vanish in front of me.

A round light lit up, just as the girl started another large number of codes, soft light illuminated the space next to her, and an image appeared. A figure, or more like a hologram of a person appeared, high pitched screeching came from the machine as it did.

"You're working again? I read that your mind is not at full capacity to be working from the lack of sleep you've been getting." A robotic voice spoke from the image, a high pitched female-esque voice but at the same time not monotone. The girl hummed, pausing once more, fingers hovering the keys except much higher as she side glanced it. She shook her head, going back to her work and ignoring the little figure's words. Another moment of silence, and they spoke once more, "I'm picking up signs of distress, did you have another nightmare?" It asked, the girl froze. She grumbled, turning away from the screen to stare at the figure.

"Weren't you asleep?" She asked sounding annoyed.

"When you turned on the monitor, everything attached to it turned on." The girl pinched the bridge of her nose, muttering a quiet curse. "Right forgot about that.."

"It's recommended you talk about this distress to someone to aid in-"

"I'd rather not, not tonight at least, I'll just take some caffeine pills." She suggested as she went to search her desk drawer. She pulled out a white bottle, and went away for a moment to take the two white pills that were in her hand. She came back, staring at the bottle in her hand before shaking her head and putting it back in the drawer.

"This is a bad decision."

"I know that, which is why I'm doing it."

"Have your chemical levels been dropping again?" The figure continued to pester her with questions, making the girl sigh loudly. She ran her fingers through her hair, slightly tugging at her roots before she stopped typing completely. She laid her head on her arm, looking right at the holographic figure. Her lips pressed together and she closed her eyes, letting her vision go black.

"Hey, you think all this work I'm putting in for myself is worth it?" She inquired, opening her eyes to see the image shake like TV static, the "head" seemed to tilt as if it considered her words.

I ask myself everyday, and convince myself it is so I don't feel myself shatter to pieces.

"Working a lot can be a form of fulfillment for some people, but I do not quite understand your question." It responded while the girl buried her face more into the crook of her elbow on the smooth surface. She knew it wouldn't alleviate this heaviness in her mind trying to talk to an unfinished AI, but she tried anyways. She just needed one person, thing, whatever to hear her out.

"Tell me, if I continue doing what I'm doing it would benefit people right? I'm doing good things?" She discussed. For a long time she felt that if she benefited other people in doing the things she enjoyed herself, then she would find her purpose. Her happiness. Or maybe she just deluded herself to think that, so she could no longer experience that feeling of falling before she could find herself standing.

It's selfish of me really but, I can't really say anything. After all no one stayed for me to tell them my perspective.

"There's a probability of you getting a career for what you accomplished, do you wish for me to calculate it?" The figure asked.

The girl shook her head in response, "No, I'm good. I think I'm gonna just lay down by myself for a while." She announced, before pushing her body off the chair, to her it felt like lifting metal. She trudged back to bed, sheets practically hanging off the edges, and she leaped onto the mattress. She faced away from the lit up figure, which just stayed silent as it flickers until it finally turned off. The girl stared at the wall, her body curling up into herself as she felt the need to push away the tightness that sat in her chest above her beating heart. And she stayed that way.

I can only walk now, trying to find a road, so that I can no longer feel lost. I don't know how much longer I'll last. I've been walking all alone up until now, one of me continues, and the other stays with an outstretched empty hand. A fleeting hope that someone might take it, and tell me that I'm doing so well and that I'm going to be a light to so many people. Most of all I just want to be pulled away from the emptiness, so that I don't lose myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All five characters will get a short introduction, and cause I accidentally lost my entire work like an idiot I don't know if I'll post this "pseudo-novel" I'll see.  

If you all want character info (everything not including backstory) I made a quick list of everything just ask and I'll post