Chapter One

I heard the doorbells chime as I walked into Bar 31. As I looked around for a seat I saw an old man glance at me while his son whistled, he looked only 14. What has this world come to I thought to myself as I noticed a seat open at the end of the counter and quickly rushed to take a seat. It was a slow day for the bar as I watched the bartender whip up the usual, water. People have always wondered why I'm such a plain person, and I don't know why.

 "Hey Aria, cat's got your tongue." Sam yelled from the buses window as I started walking home. I just ignored him like usual and watched as my few neighbor's did there outdoor work and played with there children. I wish my life was like that although I know it will never be. I kicked a rock from the pebbly street and opened up the door to my mailbox. I sat down next to a gigantic shadowy oak tree in my front lawn and began skimming through the mail. "Bill, bill, paycheck, a small yellowing letter slipped from my hands as I scavenged the rest of the mail. I looked down to see it was written in calligraphy. My attention was soon brought to it as I began slowly opening the fold on top.

 "My dearest daughter, Aria if you're reading this your father and I are gone from this world and we're not coming back. I'm sorry we had to leave you like this but it was the only way to keep you safe. I want you to attend Colonial Academy for your highschool years, then you must join a guild, you'll find out what I mean when you get there.

      Be safe XOXO,

Mommy and Daddy".

I read as tears filled my eyes.