5

The end of the day seemed to come rather quickly and after Zoe's advice from earlier in the day i felt a slightly more at ease with things. I still hadn't talked to Emily though.

Joyce and Emily were already working on their lab, the red head occasionally peering at me from across the room with a look as if saying "when are you going to talk to her", while motioning towards Emily whose back was to me.

I shook my head and focused my attention to the experiment i needed to get done, i would apologize to Emily later on when the time felt right. It's not like this was the first time there was ever any tension amongst our friend group.

I would've forgotten that Eretria was my lab partner if it wasn't for her barging into the room 15 minutes late. She sauntered her way over to the seat next to me, a few individuals fixating their gaze onto her, Emily included.

I hesitated, mixing the chemicals and liquids provided to us in attempt to reach the reaction we were trying to conclude in class.

The black haired girl was scrolling through her cell phone, drowned in her own little world of no worries.

I rolled my eyes at the sight, continuing to mix two liquids together but failing to solve what we were assigned to find.

I groaned, letting go of the test tubes and plopping myself back down onto my stool in defeat.

Eretria stopped scrolling through her phone and looked over to me with a raised brow.

I looked over at her, curious at her sudden interest in whatever the hell captivated her attention. "What?" I asked, dragging the word as her face looked at me in slight amusement. I felt a little uneasy.

"You're mixing the wrong amount of solution." She stated simply, putting her phone down on the surface of the table and standing to reach for one of the liquids i had been working with before giving up. I shifted over in my seat to give her space to work.

I watched in surprise as her hands smoothly worked with the substances, mixing a turquoise liquid with a teal one and stepping back for a second.

Before i could question what she was doing, smoke began to bubble up from inside the tube and pour itself upwards and onto the table, creating a loud sound.

"Woahh." A couple other students watched in awe as the bubbles then fizzled out, leaving behind a trail of smoke.

"Splendid job Eretria!" Our professor called out from his desk, startling me as he never once paid attention to anything we did in class.

I looked at Eretria who was smirking as if what she had just done with the simplest thing in the world. Guess i could cross show-off from my list of all things learnt about Eretria in the few days she's been in Bellmare Springs.

"How did you-" I trailed off, looking at the lab beakers in total surprise.

"I'm not as dumb as i look." Eretria replied with a smirk, as if reading the thoughts that were running through my head.

"No it's not that. I just-" I shook my head, trying to stop the conversation from steering downhill. I didn't think she was dumb, i mean she was in an honors class after all. She just doesn't seem to care much for school, or at all for that matter. I definitely wasn't expecting her to be able to understand any of the junk we were learning in class whatsoever.