Gabbie's POV

I feel someone's hips against my ass as I laugh at Erin's impersonation of Toddy. I gasp a little and pull away. I snap my head around and meet eyes with a tall boy. He has dark hair and... Wait. I narrow my eyes as the image of the teen from this morning flashes through my eyes. "What the hell is your problem?" I yell over the music. I roll my eyes and start walking away. "Douchebag."

When I turn to leave, I see Liza across the room, looking concerned. My gaze softens. "It was nothing," I say, making my way across the room.

"Are you sure?" she asks concerned.

"I'm fine." She doesn't look convinced. "Come on. Let's go see who's winning the ping pong game." I grab her hand, trying to take her mind off of it. I don't wanna talk about it.

"Is that even a question?" she laughs. "Of course David is losing."

Lots of screaming and cheering comes from that room and we walk in just in time to see David taking a shot from the handle of Fireball. "Guess David lost," I laugh and turn to see Liza scowling. "Loosen up, baby. Everyone's drinking here."

Liza sighs and we walk into the crowd. Everyone's still cheering, and I walk over and grab the Fireball. I take a swig and the crowd cheers. Still dragging Liza with me, I pass the bottle to her. Her eyes widen and she tries to pawn it back off on me. I cross my arms and smile so she can't give it back. Liza's eyes are wild as she scans the crowd. I can tell she's overwhelmed. My smile fades as I realize I messed up. Tears well up in her eyes, and I snatch the drink from her hands as she runs off.

"Liza!" I shout back. David's face falls, and I pass him the bottle as I run after her. I watch as she turns the corner and runs towards the bathroom. I run past people and heads turn. My head is spinning. I can't think straight, and my drink spills as I continue running. I catch up just enough to see the door swing shut and slam. I feel a hand catch my wrist and pull me back. The smell of cologne fills my nostrils, and I feel lips on mine. My eyes flash open, and I see dark hair.

My free hand is held down at my wrist, and I don't know what to do. I can feel the stares burning into the back of my head. The music is still blaring, but everyone has fallen silent. I try to pull back, but he has pinned against him. I feel his hand slide up my neck and into my hair. His eyes are still closed, and he tries to slip his tongue into my mouth. I splash the remainder of my drink into his face. We are so close it hits mine as well. The smell of alcohol burns my nose, and my eyes sting. He finally pulls away, rage in his eyes.

Mascara and eyeliner are streaming down my face. Tears blur my vision, but I don't need perfect sight to tell the atmosphere of the party. Everyone has stopped what they're doing, and it appears everyone in the party has eyes on me. Including him. His jaw is clenched, and my muscles tense. So many emotions are going through my mind. Confusion and panic stand out, but both are clouded by pain. I pain for Liza for putting her in this situation. I pain for everyone who has just lost their buzz and their vibe. My wrist and eyes hurt, and my heart is racing.

I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder and turn to see Zane. His eyes read pain as well. He pulls me in, and I drop the cup. I break down sobbing into his chest. David is pushing the boy out, and he strains against him.

"Brian! Stop! You need to leave!" I hear David yelling. He lunges at me. David grabs him. Zane drops me and pushes me behind him. I take this chance to run. I don't know where to. I just run. I take off to the back door. My legs can't move as fast as my brain is racing. I follow the tree line, my necklace thrashing against my neck. The cargo jacket slides off my shoulders as I tear through the night. I let it fly behind me, the warm L.A. air hitting my face. My lungs burn but I don't stop. I run for what feels like forever. I slow to a jog when I see a wall coming into sight.

I get to the wall and lean up against it, facing away from the road. I gasp for air, crying and trying to catch my breath. I turn around, and my back hits the brick. I slide down into a crouching position and rest my head on my knees. I put my arms over my head, and my sobs slice through the silent night air. The headlights of a car light up the street next to me, and I sulk off into the shadows as the car whooshes by.

I wipe my eyes and stand up, trying to collect my thoughts. I look around trying to recognize the part of town I'm in. I think I've ventured into the worse parts of L.A. I remember Mom warning me not to come to these parts of town when I was younger. I pass a gas station as I make my way towards the road to try and find home. I catch of a glimpse of my reflection in the glass window and sniffle. My jacket is gone so I'm left in a white and grey tank top. The side is ripped and one strap is falling off my shoulder. A red mark is pressed into the flesh of my wrist in the shape of a hand. The hand is gone, but it's still there at the same time. My makeup is completely ruined, and there is black smeared across both of my cheeks and under my eyes. My hair is completely disheveled, and there is a huge gash across my neck and going down my collarbone. It must have been from the branches as I ran. Blood trickles down my chest and stains my shirt.

I close my eyes and turn away from the reflection, not recognizing it. I walk past an alley and see two suspicious figures at the back, making an exchange. I walk quickly past, having dealt with enough tonight. On my way to a bigger road I see a sign reading Downtown Los Angeles. At least I know where I am. I probably walk for an hour before I get back to Zane's. Most of the cars are gone, and it seems everyone has cleared out. I found my jacket on the trek back, and my keys were inside. I can see my close group of friends gathered in the kitchen through the window. I slip into my car, hoping they don't see me. I don't want to have to confront them. I push the keys in and turn the ignition. The car starts up, and I leave the street. I see them all turn towards the road with concerned looks. They know my car is gone, which means I took it. That should be a good enough message that I'm okay for now.

I left my phone inside but I'm not going back to get it. They'll return it eventually and I probably have dozens of missed calls. I make my way up my road and stiffen as I realize what my parents will see. I'm covered in blood, ripped clothes, alcohol, and tear stained makeup. I don't have the energy to deal with them.

Pulling into the driveway, I glance at the clock before removing the key. It reads 1:49. Sighing, I brace myself as I step out of the car. All of the lights inside are off. I unlock the door and walk in. I look around before heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. I see a slip of paper on the counter.

Your dad and I had to leave town abruptly for an emergency with our patient in Houston. There's leftovers in the fridge and money upstairs. We'll be back next week.

-Mom

Whew. No explaining needed there. I guess having two parents who are doctors have it's upsides. I slide my combat boots off and pull my damp socks off my foot. The grass's moisture seeped through my boots, I guess. I slowly walk upstairs. Reaching my bathroom, I flip the lights on and turn on the shower. Pulling my shirt off, I examine the cut on my neck. It didn't hurt before, but it kind of stings now. It's pretty deep but at least it's stopped bleeding. I slide my pants down and unhook my bra, stepping into the shower.

The water hits my back and almost relaxes my tense muscles. I turn around and ignore the burning on my chest as I rinse my face. Black water flows down the drain. I forgot to cover my hair before getting in, but I don't care anymore. I try to turn off my racing mind and relax, but everytime I close my eyes, his face flashes by. The water washes over me as I stare blankly at the white ceramic-tiled walls. I'm so blank, I don't even hear the door open downstairs.

I gently rub the laceration on my chest, rinsing the blood off as footsteps come up the stairs. I run my hands over my face to wipe the water from my eyes as they cross the balcony. My gaze fixes on the red water by the drain as they make their way down the hallway. He comes into the bathroom, but my view is blocked by the curtain.

I close my eyes and lean back into the stream of water, not noticing the fingers wrap slowly around the edge of the curtain. Brian rips the shroud away and I scream as my naked body is exposed. The image of me not locking the door flashes through my mind. But I was alone. Was.

He looms over me as I scream for help. But no one can hear me. I back up in terror and he reaches over and turns the water off.

"No! Please! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I cry as he comes ever closer. My foot slips and I yelp as I collapse. My head smacks against the side of the tub, and my world goes black.