Chapter 3

Marinette couldn't focus in class. At all. Her thoughts kept drifting back to Louise, unfortunately. Luckily though, she wasn't in any of her classes. One moment, Marinette feels like everything is normal. But then Louise will tap on the glass of the door during Physics class, playfully wave to Adrien and ruin everything.

However, that day Adrien wasn't in Miss Bustier's class. Marinette guessed it was because his father or assistant pulled him out of school early, but she wasn't quite sure why.

It's a good thing, too, because Chloe might have finally snapped and ranted to Adrien about the entire situation.

Chloe was not happy about the predicament, either. Very unhappy. Jealous of Louise in a way, but she masked this jealousy with insults to the gorgeous 5'8 model.

And, surprisingly, Chloe felt more like an ally to Marinette ever since Louise stepped into the picture. Possibly because of their shared dislike for the girl. But Marinette didn't want to rupture this temporary peace by bringing up her own opinion on who Adrien should be with... aka herself. For once, Chloe wasn't being a total jerk to her. She was instead directing her slurs at someone else for a change.

And as free study time was granted by Miss Bustier to the entire class, Marinette took this opportunity to forge some kind of friendship with the blonde. Or pact, as much as she hated to admit...

Small chatter erupted amongst the class as everyone moved to study with each other. Alya stared in disbelief as she watched her friend leave her seat and carry her books over to Chloe.

"Hey," Marinette smiled.

Chloe turned her head and raised an eyebrow. She looked like a mess; there were dark circles under her eyes and her hair was sticking out of place. Marinette could guess that she was taking the whole Louise and Adrien situation far worse than Marinette had.

"Can I sit here?" Marinette asked, pointing to the empty seat beside Chloe. Sabrina was out of town so that gave Marinette even more of a reason to sit with the blonde.

"Whatever," Chloe mumbled quietly, staring at her study packet.

"Are you-"

"What does he even see in her anyways?! Like, I'm way prettier than that manipulative little snob!" Chloe spat, clenching her fists angrily.

"Chloe, lower your voice-" Marinette began, but was cut off for a second time.

"I'm serious. The only reason she got with him was for the publicity!" Chloe said, raising her voice.

Everyone stopped chattering and looked over at Chloe curiously.

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Wait... what do you mean she got with him for the publicity."

Chloe sat back in her seat and crossed her arms. "Oh please, it's child's play. You really think two models just happen to fall in love? One who is super well known and famous, aka Adrien, and one who is brand new to the industry? Come on. That's the definition of manipulation on Louise's part."

Marinette blinked. It sounded like a reasonable explanation, but still, Chloe has been wrong before. Many times. So she would need proof to ever suspect something like that. As much as she disliked the thought of Adrien being with another girl, she wasn't about to believe an accusation of her without any evidence. Maybe Louise really loved Adrien and wasn't in it for the exposure?

"I'd have to see it to believe it," Marinette shrugged.

Chloe scoffed, flipping her hair. "Whatever. I know my Adrikins. And I won't let him get hurt by this two faced snake."