Identifying Corruption in Our Society

Corruption is a word that most of us have heard but not many comprehend. The vague clouds surrounding its existence have allowed it to grow unbridled without fear of consequence. In order to understand how you can eradicate this plague from society it is important to understand what it looks like. Asot Michael Anti Corruption has been working towards revealing the true faces of corruption and making sure that all systems are henceforth purely transparent.

Once you have identified corruption for what it is then you can start taking measures against its elimination and prevention. The foremost kind of corruption present in today’s systems is that of bribery. Not only is it the most common method used by individuals to exploit the system, it is also the one which has the severest deteriorating effects. Asot Michael Anti Corruption is making efforts towards the elimination of all such gateways that lead towards a completely corrupt system.

It requires people in positions of power to abuse their power in the favor of those willing to pay them an amount of money. This blatant abuse of position not only leads to misuse of finance but also weakens the system as civilians on the other side receives the short end of the stick.

Another form of bribery is that of kickbacks which are done in contractual agreements. In kickbacks, a certain percentage of profit is simply reserved for the relevant individual. While bribery can come in various shapes and sizes, these two are most prevalent today. Asot Michael Anti Corruption wishes to bring awareness into the society and help them people understand the repercussions of these actions.

In addition to bribery trading influences have also been tearing at the fabric of society. This occurs when a powerful individual pressures another to perform a specific task. While these individuals may be a little easier to detect, they cannot truly be called out on their reactions because of the positions they hold.

Those in positions of power are prone to its abuse and their subsequent immunity leads to further disaster. Once the so called caretakers of society are the ones that begin harming it, there is a need for a drastic upheaval of current methods in lieu of stricter measures.

Additionally, Illicit Enrichment is when individuals have accumulated wealth beyond their means and cannot truly trace the sources of origin of the finance. This finance usually finds its way into their bank accounts as a result of misappropriation of funds, extortion, false accounting or money laundering. Asot Michael Anti Corruption demands that these individuals be brought to light and that the rightful sources of the funds be identified.

Keyword-Antigua and Barbuda labour party,ABLP,ALP