next semester

Dice is in high school and had a friend group that he hangs out with quite often.
(They are sophomores)

It's the first day of the semester, which mean that there are different classes with new teens in each class, most people pray they get classes with each other

Dice's pov- through a lot of the book.

"Beeep. Beeep. Beeep." The alarm clock on the night stand goes off.
My hand goes up into the air heavy while my face is buried in my pillow, my arm trying to find the button to turn off the retched alarm.
I smash my fist onto the clock and somehow that did the trick.
I lift my head inhaling the air of the morning. I look at the time with my tired eyes.
"6:30." I say out loud with that scratchy morning voice.

I rub my face and sit up, I yawn and have that horrid temptation of simply lying down again and taking a snooze real quick.
I fight it, then climb out of my bed stratigically, making an effort to not mess up my bed from its perfect,well-made position.
Always trying to keep things neat and tightly I straighten the sheets and blankets.

Standing in my lavender boxers I make my way to the closet and search through my dresser to find a good outfit for today.
I pick out a nice white t-shirt and violet shorts. Trying to keep it simple today.
I lay my clothing out on the ground.
Then I grab my towel and walk out of my room and down the stairs to the shower.

I quickly shower and then wrap my towel around my waist and go to neat and clean room locking the door behind me.

I get ready and then go out of my room and check the time.

6:58 AM

I walk to my mom's room and knock politely, keeping my distance from her scary abusive boyfriend.

The door opens and I see a tall man open the door.
I look at this tall buff man with just a normal head like a humans.
I back up, a little intimidated by him.

"Calvin? Could you take me to school please?" I ask as politely as possible trying not to anger him in any way.

"Seriously block head? It's like 7:00. Just walk you little creep."
He says frustrated.

"Oh, of course." I say backing down.

He slams the door. I walk down the hallway infuriated.
If I could I would kick his ass!

I get my backpack and walk outside scowling.
I start walking the 3 miles to my school.
Knowing I'm gonna be late I stop across the ground.
I get to my school and am ten minutes late.

I walk into my first period, getting those awkward looks that late kids frequently get.

Luckily the school principal really likes me somehow and gave me one of those "tardy slips" which excuse your tardiness for that period.

I sit in my seat which is by my other friend which is also a dice, a green one in fact.

"Hey Token," I say to him. "My mom's boyfriend didn't give Mt a ride AGAIN so I had to walk."

"Dude this is the fourth time." Token says.

"Tell me about it." I say annoyed.

I go through the school day normal but having a little trouble remembering my new classes.

I just can't wait to get to lunch and see all my friends.

Lunch comes and I get my school lunch and sit with my friends at the tables.
"Hey Theodore." One of my dice friends drake says.

"Hey drake, and don't call me that. It's just dice." I say
Drake chukles. "I know, I'm just messing with you dicey. " He's a blue dice.

I see my other friends, Sally scarlet and Roll yellow.
I sit there eating my lunch and we start taking about how boring or awesome our new classes are.
I'm not terribly fond of this conversation so I just listen a little. A lot of people label us as the rich and sorta badass.
That's bit totally the case but I guess we are kinda badass,if I was being totally honest.

I hear some other teens laughing and I turn around to see.
I see a kid named just devil.
He doesn't like his real name either.
He is hanging out with other 'devils'
He shoots me a look and smirks. He looks mighty and tall, around my hight. He looks pretty legit.
I shoot him a look snd blush. Having no idea why. I smile at him and then he walks out of sight.
"Dice, why are you looking at devil?" Sally scarlet asks.

"Well, I don't know, he seems kinda funny or nice." I say.

"Oh, absolutely not!" Sally yells. "You shouldn't talk to him or any of his friends, they are so awful and annoying. Just stay away from them." She says.

I glance back to were he was standing before.

"Ok, ok, I won't." I say to my friends brushing the thought off.