Crying ourselves to sleep

Eddie's POV

Richie and I were sitting on the same bed in our dorm, where we slept. Richie got closer to me and with his slender fingers, he gently lifted my chin up, he closed his eyes and got even closer, like we we're about to kiss.. I closed my eyes and felt his breath.

(still) Eddie's POV

I jerked awake, all sweaty and panting rapidly . I looked next to me to see Richie snoring quietly. I got out of bed to get my puffer to be able to breathe again and went into the bathroom.

Nobody's POV

He turned the tap on and splashed his face with cold water, somehow managing to get the front of his hair damp. He looks into the sink as he hears footsteps creep up behind him. All of a sudden he got lifted into the air by a tall curly black haired boy. Richie. "Put me down, Trashmouth!" Eddie whisper-yelled as he turned crimson. "That's for losers." Richie replied. "Rich, we are losers."Eddie said. "Speak for yourself Eds."

"Whatever, Tozier, just put me down." Richie slowly dropped him to the ground. "Well, why are you awake at 3AM Kaspbrak?" He said adjusting his glasses. "I had a nightmare..well, a dream."

"Dream about what, us measuring dicks?" Richie put his hand up for a high-five. "Beep beep, Richie." Eddie said slapping Richie's arm down. "Just sayin'" Richie put his hands up as a surrender.

Eddie's POV

"Anyway, the dream was with you, we were sitting on our bed. But we were going to k-" I cut myself off with a slight gasp, and and covered my mouth as I turned bright red. 'Shit. Was I really about to tell him we were going to kiss.'

"Eds, what is it, you can tell me anything.." Richie said in a soft, calming voice.

"I-I-" Eddie couldn't speak from nearly having a panic attack.

"Eddie-Spaghetti, I'm here for you. You know that." Richie kept a calm tone in his voice throughout the whole conversation.

Richie grabbed my hand and circled his thumb on my palm. I started to blush uncontrollably. I looked up at Richie as he grinned at me, holding the side of his glasses and pushing them up.

"Well, we were going to.."I hesitate at first. "..we were going to kiss." I said looking down at my foot.

Richie immediately jerked up and pulled his hand out of mine and covers his mouth. "Richie?" Richie started laughing his ass off and I looked at him confused. "Y-You're a r-really good j-jokester" he took a breath between words, holding his stomach and wiping a tear. My mouth started to tremble and my eyes started to water.

"Y-Yeah..good joke.." I fake laughed a little bit before tears we're about to stream down my face. I ran into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me as fast as I could leaning against it. I leaned my head on my knees and sobbed quietly so Richie couldn't hear me.

Richie's POV

"E-Eddie..?" I started to tremble, I knew i did something wrong. I run to the door and put my ear against it. I heard Eddie sobbing and I was about to knock on it. I stopped myself because I thought I would just make Eddie cry even more. I started tearing up and slowly slid down the door clenching my teeth and taking my glasses off. I ended up crying myself to sleep. Eddie probably did too.