1.0

SHES GONE!

SHES GONE!

Despite the few tears that fell from her eyes, Veronica was yet to cry. She felt numb. Completely and utterly numb. She hadn't left her bed since they left the hospital. Lucas had made grilled cheese, and forced her to eat at least half a sandwich. Besides that, she laid still.

Earlier that day she got a call from Bill saying that they were meeting in his garage around 12. Apparently he had some new idea about where the clown could be, but Veronica couldn't move. She was stuck.

"Where is Veronica?" Bev questioned the group as she walked into the Denbroughs garage.

"No clue. I called her," Bill told her, taking his place behind the projector.

"Maybe she doesn't want to come?" Stan figured.

"No she did, although something in her voice sounded off," Bill said furrowing his brows. Eddie's face scrunched up in concern. Sure Veronica could be sarcastic and bitter at some points, but he didn't think she would ever ditch them. Especially with the clown development.

"Ill go see what's wrong," Eddie stood up from his spot next to Richie.

"Yeah, okay," Bill nodded as Eddie ran to his bike and rode off.

✰ ✰ ✰

A soft knock came on the wooden frame of the girls bedroom door. Veronica mumbled a 'come in' barley acknowledging the presence.

Eddie came in, carefully closing the door behind him. Veronica stirred from the spot she had been laying in. She was wrapped in a cocoon of blankets, her face buried into one. He looked at Veronica and sighed. She had bags under her eyes and unbrushed hair. Her skin was paled and eyes red.

"Ronnie, what's wrong?" The girl didn't answer. Eddie carefully made his way to her bed, sitting next to her. Un-sure of what to do the boy carefully took her hand. It was his best way to try and comfort her. Veronica looked up at the contact.

"Shes gone Eds." The boy furrowed his brow. Who was gone? Is this why she was so upset?

"Whos gone Ronnie?"

"My Mother," she whispered, a single tear trickling down her rosy cheek. Eddies stomach dropped as he wrapped his arms around her. The girl rested her head in the crook of his neck and began to cry. Her tears came as a torrential downpour, soaking through Eddie's pale blue shirt. All of her pent-up emotion releasing as he just held her, rubbing circles into her back.

✰ ✰ ✰

Some time later the door rang. Veronica sniffed, asking if Eddie could answer it. She felt awful as Eddie left to go answer the door. As soon as he was gone Veronica quickly tore herself form her bed, ruining her fingers hastily under her eyes to remove any remnants of tears. She ran a brush through her hair and put on some light make up. Veronica did not want to appear weak to anyone. Eddie had just so happened to see her at it, and it was embarrassing.

She was already wearing clothes, so she didn't bother to change; they were the same as yesterday. She did this for the people at the door.

Eddie swung the door open as Veronica got ready upstairs. At the door the remaining losers waited.  Bills brows were furrowed as he noticed the expression of despair on his friends face.

"Eddie what have you been doing?" Richie asked smirking, clearly not reading the room. Eddie didn't return his look, watching as Bill nudged him harshly.

"What!?"

"Read the room Richie," Bev scolded, a small frown painted on her delicate features.

"Nothing, her mom died yesterday," Eddie spoke softly. The remaining losers faces went from smiles to frowns. Eddie slowly let them in the house leading them to Veronica's room. He knocked softly, peeking his head around the door. Veronica nodded slowly, allowing Eddie to fully open the door. The Losers Club walked into Veronicas small room. The girl sat on her bed, watching them with a careful eye.

"V you alright?" Bev's voice asked. Veronica but her lip, and feigned a smile that faltered rather quickly.

"Yep." Nobody was convinced, all of them exchanging careful glances.

"No your not. Come here," Bev said holding out her arms. She wasn't super positive on why she felt bad for the girl after all they weren't really friends more like frenimies. All Beverly Marsh knew was that Veronica Hodges was finally showing weakness.

And weakness made her human.

🥀

2023: all my old books are so short. like this chapter was originally only like 400 words. I managed to add 300 more, but like girl u were cranking out chapters bc they were literally 500
words !