19

I pushed him away. "Why did you do that?"

"You can't act like you didn't feel anything of that you didn't like it" he said.

"I don't need to act because I felt nothing and I didn't like it. Nicky, I have a boyfriend"

"That probably doesn't realize how lucky he is. Whatever chose someone that doesn't realize how unique and important you are" he opened the door and Shawn was there as if he was going to knock. Nicky walked out bumping into Shawn.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nicky kissed me" I said. He was getting mad. "I pushed him away" I told him.

"Did he do anything else?"

"No" he kissed me. I pushed him away. "My family is downstairs"

"Okay then later can i come to your room?" I nodded. "Your dad said the food is ready" he left. I collected myself and walked out. Nicky was there. I was scared that he saw pressed something.

"I was about to leave but came back when I realized that what I did wasn't right. I'm sorry I kissed you. I shouldn't have" he said.

"Why did you?"

"I guess I was caught up in a moment that wasn't existent. That and I wanted to kiss you since we we 8" he said.

"You have?" We walked down the stairs.

"Yeah. I guess I thought you were the most beautiful girl back then and I still do. Also you being so good at gymnastics attracted me more to you. I liked that even tho you were in pain you pushed thru and nothing would stop you. You were so dedicated" he said. We walked outside.

"I wanted Alex to be happy"

"He will be if you follow your dreams. He always supported you in what you wanted to do. He'd always talk about you being a superstar and touring the world. He believes in you Ari whether you know it or not. He'll be happy that your following your dreams." He said. Shawn looked at Nicky and I. We ate, talked, and listened to music. Then I went upstairs to change into my dress and curl my hair as well as touch up my makeup. I put on my jewelry and heels and headed downstairs where Cathy and Marco where.

"Mrs

"Mrs. Medina it's alright if I sleep over right?" Cathy asked.

"Of course Catherine you're like family" my mom said. Dang that means Shawn can't come. "Ari where's Santos so I can take a picture of all of you guys?"There was a knock at the door. My dad opened it and there stood Santos.

"Mom we don't have to take pictures it's homecoming not prom" I told her.

"Doesn't matter" Santos coughed.

"You know Mrs. Medina I'd hate to get Ari sick with the pictures and stuff. I'm not feeling so well so I'll look really pale in the pictures and the only reason I'm still going to homecoming is because I can't let my beautiful girlfriend down" he said.

"That ship has sailed" Cathy mumbled.

"One photo?" My mom asked. I looked at Santos. He sniffled.

"Only one" he said and stood close to me. She took the picture and then stepped away. She took pictures of Cathy and I and then Cathy, Marco, and I.

"Mom we have to go" I said.

"One more"

"Let then go Alicia. Ari when you come back from your date tomorrow i want your phone on the counter" my dad said.

"Got it" I said. We left after I grabbed the keys to my car.

"Dude if you're sick please stay away from me" Marco said.

"I ain't sick. I had to say I was so that I won't be in y'alls pictures" Santos said. He got in my car. I ain't gonna say nothing. I drove us to school. We got out and walked inside. Cathy and I went to the photo booth. We exited and saw Shawn.

"Ari, Catherine you ladies look nice" he said.

"Thank you. You clean up nice, Mr.Mendes." Cathy said.

"Thank you. Ari, your essay will be done by tomorrow right?" He asked.

"Yes" Marco handed me a slice of pizza.

"Thanks" i told him. The rest of the night I spent with my friends dancing and talking until I was able to escape for a bit. I went outside. I looked up at the sky someone came and stood next to me. I looked and saw Shawn.

"So you and me your room?"

"Can't Catherine is sleeping over" he was sad. "But on nights when I'm really stressed and won't be able to sleep I leave and skate around. Maybe I can go to your house" he got happier.

"You look very beautiful."

"Thanks"

"Do you have any idea how badly I want to kiss you?" Footsteps where heard behind us. I 9looked at saw Marco ñ up to me.

"Um it's time for you to sing" he said. I exhaled and walked to the gym. You got this Ari. You can do it. I got on the stage and was handed a mic.

"Please welcome your very own, Ariana Medina" Hayley said. She was offered the position as cheer captain. I walked on stage as they clapped. I know that Shawn will think I picked this song because of him and I but I was told to do this song. It feels like it's for him and I tho. In a way. The beat started. I inhaled.

"People say we shouldn't be together. To young to know about forever. But I say they don't know what they're talk, talk, talking about. Cause this love is only getting stronger and I don't want to wait any longer" I kept singing. My eyes never leaving Shawn's. At the end they clapped. I walked off stage handing Hayley the mic.

"Let's give it up one more time for Ariana" she said. They clapped and yelled again. "Now to announce homecoming king and queen" I hate that they do this. "You're homecoming king is" she opened the envelope. "Santos Martinez" she said. He went up and they put the crown and stash on him. "And now your queen. This years homecoming queen is" she opened the envelope. Anyone but me. "Ariana Medina" great. I don't know if I should run or if I should stay. If I run I'll look like an asshole. I walked on to the stage and they put the crown on me. Shawn wasn't too happy.