prologue

as he climbed through her window for the one hundred and eighty second day in a row, she sighed sadly.
"what is it love? bad time?" he said, sitting on the windowsill and watching her. after getting no reply he began to make his way back out of the window, "maddie..."
"who said to go?" she turned to him.
he climbed back in and stood beside the bed.
"they're so awful. my plan would work, i know it would." she stood, taking both of his hands.
he looked at her as if she was braindead.
"i promise bradley. i've planned it all." letting go of his hands, she deemed it a good time to grab her notebook.
he still seemed incredibly displeased.

she took a seat on top of the desk and pointed to the chair where she would usually sit, "please?"
he didn't utter a word, but did as she asked. it was incredibly difficult for him to say no to her. she opened the book to the page full of writing, in 4 different shades of blue, highlighted with pink, yellow and orange highlighters.
"we'd do it on a friday. they let me leave then. we'll take my brother's car and never look back, they won't be able to trace us."
he watched as she whispered the plan she had clearly spent a long time deciding.
"okay."

//

229 words.