Chapter 22

Today is October 13th. Guess what day that is? If you said my birthday you are correct! I'm usually not excited when its my birthday because my parents don't usually do anything nice for me. But for some reason I feel like my 17th birthday is going to be way better than all my past birthdays. And I can't wait to find out what Cole's big surprise is. 

After I got done taking a shower I walked into my room and opened my closet. I decide to wear a tight top that laced around my chest in soft white fabric with a long blue skirt. From beneath my skirt, a slit reached up to to my thigh which revealed off my toned legs. On my collarbone sat a necklace with levels of gold, jewels, all crafted to become a pattern. You know I got to look nice for my birthday!

My black strap heels clacked on the floor as I made my way to the bathroom. After I got done curling my hair I started on my makeup. I applied a small coat of foundation on my face.  I put sparkly blue eye shadow on. I extended the end of my bright red lipstick and glided it over my lips. I took a glance at my finished product and smiled. I looked fabulous. 

While I was in the car with my mom I kept wondering why she didn't say happy birthday to me. My mom has never forgotten my birthday before. Even David said happy birthday to me! 

"Why are you dressed up all nice?" My mom asked as she turned right on Sunberry Rd. 

"Why do you think I'm dressed up all nice?" I snapped. "Its October 13th."

She furrowed her brows in confusions. "What about October 13th?"

I signed. "Forget about it." I can't believe she actually forgot. I shouldn't be surprised. She doesn't give a fuck about the day her daughter was born. She doesn't give a fuck about anything but herself. But I'm not going to let her forgetting my birthday ruin my day. I'm not going to let anyone or anything ruin my day. 

We arrived at school a few minutes later. My mom said goodbye to me as I unbuckled my seatbelt but I ignored her. She isn't worth my goodbye. 

I got a lot of compliments on my outfit and hair. I have to admit I am feeling like a queen.

When I walked into the cafeteria I saw Nisha, Troy and Gigi seated at a table eating breakfast. I walked over to them. 

"Hey guys." I said as I took a seat.

They all turned around and screamed "Happy birthday!" 

"Aww thank you guys." 

"You look really hot no homo." Gigi said.

"Yeah, Look at you! Lookin cute for your birthday and everythang!" Nisha said.

"Thanks. Uh, Nisha you might want to get your boyfriend. He lookin at me like he want me or something." I teased. 

We all laughed.

"Nah, its just that you look nice." 

"Thanks Troy." 

"You know Cole has a big surprise for you?" Gigi asked.

"Yeah, do you know what it is?" By the look on her face I know she does. 

"Maybe, maybe not."

"I'm guessing that's a yes." I turned to face Nisha. "Nisha do you know?" 

"Know what?" 

"Don't play dumb with me. Just tell me what Cole's big surprise is." I urged. 

"Nope. Wait till lunch. That's when you'll find out."

"That's too long though." I pouted.

"Patience is the key!" 

"Whatever."