Sirius to the Romantic Rescue

"Sooo, Prongs, how was your talk?" Sirius winks.

"Would have been a hell of a lot better had you have waited two more seconds to interrupt us." James glares.

"Wait, you two were alone for that long and you still didn't profess your feelings for each other?" Sirius asks.

"If it wasn't' for you, it would have happened." James says.

"Sorry mate, but it's a long train ride back to school today." Sirius explains with a head nod.

"But you and I both know she's gonna sit by Marlene and Alice. Which once again means whatever she wanted to talk to me about won't happen. "James sighs.

"I can handle Marlene and Alice, besides they're routing for you and Lily anyway, so they won't be in your way." Sirius says

"You're actually gonna interfere this time mate?" James asks.

"Well I thought you could handle this on your own, but clearly that was stupid so yeah I'm gonna interfere." Sirius says.

"Oh great." James sighs.

"Don't worry mate, all I'm going to do is just give you some alone time with Lily." Sirius explains as he puts his arm over James's shoulder, "Hopefully you can manage to get the girl."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Lily!" Marlene screams across the platform as she sprints to give Lily a big hug.

"Ah! It's been way too long, where's Alice has she already gotten our seats?" Lily asks as James stares and Sirius to start the plan.

"Marlene, how's it been?" Sirius says as he grabs her luggage and leads her toward the train.

"What do you want Black, I haven't seen my friend in weeks?" Marlene asks as she turns to see James walking towards Lily. "Did anything happen with them over the holiday?"

"Nope and that's why we're over here and they're over there." Sirius points out, "So on this train ride back, you and Alice will be sitting with Remus and I."

"What about Peter?" Marlene points out.

"He will be as quiet as a mouse, wherever the hell he is." Sirius says.

"So, we just get on the train and sit with Alice and hope that Lily doesn't stay with us?" Marlene questions with a raise of her eyebrows.

"Well, that's where Moony comes in. Do remember Marlene dear that there are only four permitted to a seat." Sirius explains.

"Okay Black, then we better get moving and fast." Marlene says looking at Lily and James nearing the train.

"Moony!" Sirius whistles. "Hurry up would ya!"

"I'm coming, see you guys on the train." Remus says to Lily and James as he starts running to catch up to Sirius.

"Since when did Marlene and Sirius become friends? I thought they hated each other?" Lily questions James.

"I guess feelings change sometimes." James says, "and other times they only grow stronger."

"Clearly their hatred isn't growing stronger." Lily deflects James's comment.

"That's not who I was talking about." James replies walking closely behind Lily.

"I know." Lily says as she boards the train.

"James, I'm gonna sit over here this time mate." Sirius says.

"Where exactly am I supposed to sit?" Lily asks.

"With James and Peter of course." Marlene convenes.

"James, over here!" Peter beckons from across the train. As Lily sends bright green daggers from her eyes to Remus and Marlene.

"Come on the train is about to leave." James says as he starts walking towards Peter. "Wormtail mate, it's been too long."

"You guys should really catch up, so I'll just try to find somewhere else to sit." Lily says as she begins to turn.

"Oh, Lily don't worry. I was just gonna read my new spellbook, so don't leave James in here without anyone to talk to." Peter says as he quite obviously winks to James.

"Yeah Lils, you know how I love to talk." James persuades as he rubs his hand through his already untidied hair.

"Fine, I'll stay." Lily says as she takes her seat across from Peter and James. "This is gonna be one long ride." Lily whispers underneath her breath as she looks out the window. 

Please feel free to comment or vote, I always love to hear feedback!