Chapter Six

Me: *Looking at at my books*

Me: I should probably update.

Me: Naw.

*ONE WEEK LATER*

Me: Should I update now?

Me: You're having writer's block! No way!

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Me:THE GREATEST SHOWMAN IS SO AMAZING AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Me: I will now update and hope whoever liked this book a month ago will come back and read it.

-SCBookworm

Lillyblaze was at Forestkit's side in an instant. "No, she isn't ready for outside the camp. Bring this ThunderClan cat here."

Dustpaw began scuffling her paws in the dust. "But Swiftfoot said-"

"Go swiftly Dustpaw. If it is so important, you better hurry," Lillyblaze didn't seem so fragile and weak as she stared down the apprentice. Forestkit caught a glimpse of what kind of warrior she had been before her illness.

Dustpaw nodded, and sped out of camp without another protest. Lillyblaze turned to Forestkit and licked her head.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to go out soon enough. The hawks are still hunting," Lillyblaze padded over to where a dusty-brown-grey she-cat with similar golden eyes was talking to Thorncloud.

"What did she mean by 'The hawks are still hunting?'" Forestkit asked Dawnkit.

Dawnkit was playing with the moss clump. "Oh, she just meant we can't go out of camp until Sunhigh, when the hawks are in their nests."

"We can go out of camp?" Forestkit's eyes grew wide.

"As long as there's two warriors with us," Dawnkit nodded. "C'mon, let's play moss ball!"

They batted the moss back and forth between them. Dawnkit was surprisingly good for her first time. A pretty smokey grey she-cat slinked out of her nest by a clump of grass and padded over to the two kits, her amber eyes wide with curiosity.

"What are you doing Dawnkit?" she asked, her mew soft and musical.

" We are playing moss ball, Fogpaw." was Dawnkit's curt reply as she dived for the moss when Forestkit threw it low.

"Is it a ThunderClan game?" Fogpaw's voice held no malice, only curiosity.

"I guess," Forestkit mewed as she stretched to catch it going over her head. "I thought all kits played it, though."

"How do you play?" Fogpaw sat, watching the moss fly back and forth, her tail swishing over the ground.

Forestkit's claws just missed the moss and it flew behind her. "Hey, you're good," Her eyes sparkled mischievously. "For a WindClan kit."

Dawnkit swiped playfully at Forestkit, who ducked and went after the moss. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Dawnkit say something to Fogpaw, who stood and padded over to a reddish brown she-cat who was sharing fresh-kill with Buzzardwing.

"Why'd she go?" Forestkit dropped the moss by Dawnkit. "She seemed nice."

Dawnkit rolled her eyes. "Sure, but she's a moss-brained she-cat that has all the toms padding after her already," she snorted.

"Really?" Forestkit shook her head. It was startling how smart this little she-kit was. "Yeah, I see why you say that."

"That's her mentor Kiteclaws," Dawnkit's eyes shone with something quite like jealousy. "I wish she were my mentor. She's one of the best warriors in the clan!"