I Watched You Move On

Jhoana

"Andito na si Bea!!"

I fought the urge of looking at you when I heard Mads shouted your name. A secret smile formed my lips as this would be another chance of staring at you and seeing you smile even I'm not the reason of your happiness anymore. What important is, I got a chance of being around you again.

"Jules!!!" Mads shouted again. That made me look at your direction. I felt something twisted inside me when I saw your arm around her while the two of you were walking. What hurts the most is when I noticed your eyes. You are happy. Call me selfish but I really couldn't be happy seeing you like this when you are with somebody else. Believe me when I say, I'm trying to.

You reached our table and stared at me, still smiling.
"Hi--" you were not able to finish your sentence and just looked at me with a worried face. Then I realized, tears formed in my eyes. I wiped those tears right away, "Ouch. Ouch. Deans, napuwing ako. Masakit. Pahipan nga!"

"Huh? Ate Jho--"

"Masakit, may pumasok sa mata ko, Deans." still trying to act.

"Ate Jho, madumi kasi kamay ko. Nakakamay ako kumain oh. Wait, I'll wash my hands lang!" then she ran to the kitchen.

I was still trying to act as I could sense you were still looking at me.
"Deans! Bilis!" Deanna has always been my savior.

"Let me." You held my wrist and your other was on my cheek, "Open your eyes, slowly."

I didn't want to open my eyes because I knew this pair would betray me.

"Jho, open your eyes please? Hihipan ko."

"Ma-masakit." Then I heard you chuckled.

"I know, kaya ko nga hihipan para mawala na yung sakit."

You had to let go my wrist and cupped both of my cheeks.

"Come on, open your eyes Jho. Dahan-dahan lang."

I gathered all my strengths and slowly opening my eyes. They met yours. You gently blew my left eye.

"Kabila rin ba?"

I just nodded. God knows how I missed your touch.

"There, feel better?"

I smiled, "Thank you."

You were about to say something when she called your name.

"Bei. Let's get our food sa kitchen? Inubusan na nila tayo oh."

I witnessed how your mood changed by just looking at her. From the very calm Beatriz who was trying to help me to a lively one when you heard her called your name. You really are happy.

"Labas lang kami ni Ate Jho, dagdagan namin yung drinks. Baka mabitin tayo!"

I was watching both of you walking to the kitchen with intertwined hands when I heard Deanna. I suddenly looked at her and before I knew it, she was dragging me outside Dani's residence.

"You were so obvious, Ate Jho!"

She was just staring at me when I didn't say anything.

"Haynako, let's go nga. Layo muna tayo dito." she dragged me again.

We were just walking in silence until she spoke.
"Masakit pa rin?"

I gave Deanna a weak smile. "That was me before, Deans. Do you also remember?"

She nodded.

"Every time na may bonding ang team, we were the last one to arrive. We were always together. She was always with me. Ako yun dati, Deanna. Ako yung inaakbayan nya. Kamay ko yung hawak nya."