All In The Eyes

Jho

Set 5.
Ramdam ko na ang panghihina ng katawan ko. Maddie told me to just keep scoring as we are already in the crucial part of the game. Ngayon pa ko napagod.

Deanna gave me another set, I jumped as high as I could but it went outside of the court. Damn it!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, hoping that would help me finding my rhythm again. I was wrong tho. Nang dumilat ako, ikaw agad ang nakita ko. You gave me an awkward smile and just nodded. Your voice started echoing inside my mind again.

"First game, you ready Bei?"

You stopped lacing your shoe and looked at me, "Always." then yumuko ka ulit and just continued what you were doing.

One more, I thought.

"Bei, I hope what happened to us won't affect our plays. It has been months na hindi tayo nag-uusap. Alam kong--"

Then you interrupted me, "I know, Jho. I know what I have to do."

Bigla ka na lang tumayo at pumasok sa ladies' room.

Without hesitation, I followed you. I locked the door nang makapasok ako.

You were about to get inside of one of the cubicles.
"Bea we need to talk!"

Napahinto ka and you slammed the door.

"Jhoana naman!"

"We can't go there nang hindi naaayos to."

"Wala nang aayusin, ano ba ang hindi mo magets dun!"

After few months this is the first time I saw you like this again.

"Bea, I know nasaktan kita. But please, please let's forget muna kung anong nangyari and treat each other like we used to."

You let out a chuckle, "That's not gonna happen." habang umiiling ka pa.

"Please, wag mo naman pahirapan pa yung sitwasyon."

You crossed your arms and looked directly to my eyes,
"Paanong ako pa ang nagpapahirap sa sitwasyon!? We're casual. We can talk if it's necessary. But if what you're saying is to go back to being friends again. Nah. Not gonna happen."

I walked slowly towards you and pulled the hem of your warmer.

"Bei, please. Let's be friends again. I need you."

I swear I saw how your stare changed. I know that I still have a part in your heart.

You held my hand and gently removed it from holding you.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

Palabas ka na ng banyo nang muli na naman kitang hatakin.

"Bakit ba kaya mong tiisin na ganito tayo! Bakit hindi mo kayang makipagkaibigan ulit!? Bakit mo ba ko pinapahirapan, Beatriz!?"

I couldn't hold my tears any longer.

You just gave me that cold stare and whispered but enough for me to hear you,

"Kasi mahal kita? Kasi all this time, ikaw ang inuna ko? Jhoana, hindi pa pwedeng maging selfish ako for once? Every time I'm with you, I tend to forget what I deserve. Lumaban lang ako noon, kasi kala ko kaya ko e. Kasi masaya ako. Pero paikot-ikot na lang tayo. Palagi na lang akong nasasaktan. Palagi na lang akong second option."

You sighed before you continued again,
"I know you need me as a friend but Jho, I'm really sorry because I'm choosing myself this time."

Next thing I knew, I'm all alone inside this room.

"Jho, palo!!!"

I heard Maddie shouted my name from the bench where she was seating. I tried to gather my senses as soon as possible but it was too late. The ball went outside the court again.

I was slapping myself for the consistent errors I comitted.

"Isa pa Ate Jho." Deanna just gave me a smile and still putting her trust on me kahit marami na kong errors this set.

Ria received the ball smoothly and Deanna eyed on me quicky, she threw me another set.

Medyo nahuli pa ang talon ko nang mapansin kong tatalon rin si Bea. When I hit the ball tumama lang ito sa net.

Crap, this frustration is killing me. I'm still sitting on the floor and covered my face.
Shit. Shit. Shit. I whispered to myself.

I stood up and was surprised when I saw you walking towards me. You raised your hands for a high-five but I was shocked when you intertwined our fingers. You stepped closer to me.

"You listen to me Jhoana."

You even moved a little bit closer and leaned your forehead on mine.

"You got this, okay? I got you."

My heart melted hearing those words from you.

From then I realized, I really do need you.
I need you, not as a friend.
I need you, not just as a friend.

-----

A short one! My heart is just happy because of the ganap.
Also happy with the girls' performance. Damn, they improved a looottt!!