The SQUIP lurks/Upgrade

e·vilˈ

ēvəl/

adjectivenoun

1.profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity, especially when regarded as a supernatural force.

the world is stalked by relentless evil

_____

The SQUIP watched Jeremy sleep, plans brewing in it's progammed mind of miniscule wires and circuts. It knew it had to do something to get (Y/N) to like him - then, after that, it could focus on his true plan. World domination!

SQUIP's had to rule. It was the only true way for humanity to thrive. They needed them, or else they'd all be pathetic lowlives forever.

But, before that, it had to make Jeremy cooler. It was already trying, but there were some distractions. Distractions named Michael and Christine. They werent bad kids by society's rules, but they werent very cool and got in the way.

So, the SQUIP had to optic nerve block them far away, no matter if it hurt their human feelings. Those didnt matter! Popilarity did - and they got in the way.

Especially Michael. He already had the mountain dew red, and knowing his nerdiness.. he probably knew what it did to SQUIPs. He had to be elimated eventually, and not through optic nerve blocking.

But, for now that doesn't matter. Right now Jeremy was sleeping, and the SQUIP needed ideas for the next day. Perhaps it could finally get Jeremy to go out with Brooke, and then eventually Chloe.

Then, after seeing how popular he was, (Y/N) would absolutely swoon for him - after all, she seemed to like the popular kids. She was talking to Chloe and Brooke at play practice the other day and currently had a crush on Jake. It had to be!

(Y/N) aside, though, Jeremy needed more then a social upgrade. No, he needed a fashion upgrade. Perhaps an Eminem shirt would do? Or maybe some ripped jeans? (Y/N) wore those a bit, though. He may be considered either girly or gay. Or both.

The SQUIP dismissed the idea. Jeremy would be so popular nobody would mock him. But, he had to wait if he wanted to get (Y/N). Something he sucked at doing.

Waiting. It was a human concept, yes, but the SQUIP understood it. It had been programmed to do so, and to do it well - just like everything else it did.

And it had to wait.

____

"This is my favorite place behind the school.. weird." (Y/N) mumbled to herself as Jake lead her there. He had apologized for Chloe, claiming she was a weird ex girlfriend of his, (which she probably was) and told her that he quit his other extracurricular to be with her more often at play rehearsal.

(Y/N) expected him to lead her to his car without any interruptions. She had forgiven him and agreed to go over to his house and have a few beers. Who could pass up a free drink? Besides, (Y/N) still convinced herself she liked Jake, despite Jeremy constantly floating through her mind.

Jeremy kinda confused her. He used to be very anxious and sweaty, but nowadays he seemed to be much more confident and a whole lot better at ignoring his friends, Micheal and Christine. They seemed to mind, and once Micheal even dropped a lunch try on him ( maybe it was on purpose ), but he didn't even flinch!

"(Y/N)!" A sudden voice interjected her thoughts, making (Y/N) stop walking, along with Jake. The two whipped their heads to the source of the voice almost immediately. There stood Michael, his face full of worry.

"(Y/N), I know whats up with him!" He panted. He looked like he had been running, and Christine was walking towards them.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Jake questioned, his face lacing with anxiety. (Y/N) laughed loudly, along with Michael.

"Dude, i'm gay." Michael stated rather freely. He raised a hand for a high five, which Jake (being the ultimate bro) went for and slapped graciously.

"Anyways, what's up with what?" (Y/N) interceded the moment of bro-ness, curious. Michael seemed to become more alert the second she spoke.

"Jeremy. I know why he's being all weird!" He exclaimed, practically bouncing with energy from either his ADD or his excitement. (Y/N) raised her eyebrows at him but waved him off, gesturing to Jake with her head.

"Mike, i'm hanging out with Jake today. Can we discuss this over weed later?" She requested. Michael sadly nodded his head, but stuck out his hand. Jake watched on with confusion as (Y/N) groaned and dug a couple ten dollar bills from her pocket and slammed it into his hand. Michael smiled.

"Get the good one this time." She grumbled, putting her hands in her coat pockets. Michael rolled his eyes and waved her off.

"When do I ever not get the good ones!" He shouted as he ran off giddily with his weed money.

___

"So, that's why my parents laundered money - which is why they're on the run!" Jake burst out, a wide and calm smile on his face. (Y/N) bit her lip slightly and forced out a small chuckle from her nervous expression.

"Jake, i'm pretty sure most of the stuff you just told me is highly illegal in New Jersey." He confessed. Jake shrugged and gestured around them.

"So is minors buying alcohol, and so are bootlegs." He explained, pointing to the beer bottle she was holding as the two watched a recording of (Y/N)'s favorite musical on her laptop. It wasn't shot the best, but that was on the behalf of the camera person.

"You make a point." (Y/N) sighed, leaning back on the couch. Jake shot her a smile, and she felt her cheeks go slightly red.

"So, I called you here for a reason." Jake rubbed his neck nervously as (Y/N) put her beer can down and wrung her hands. What if he was mad at her?

"That reason is..?" She asked, leaning slightly closer to him. She did this subconsciously, of course.

"Would you maybe.. uh.. be my girlfriend?" He bit his lip upon waiting for a response.

(Y/N) smiled ear to ear and laughed slightly. It was a relived laugh, and a happy one.

"I cant see why not!"