Chapter 2

"Come on, please stay with me", said a unknown voice. Hands were pushing on me and lips connected with mine. I suddenly became aware of my surroundings and gasped for air, choking on tons of water. I could not stop my coughing fit.
Two wide green eyes are the first thing I see. It's a man. He looks a little older than me. He has dark, wet curly hair pressed to his forehead. His clothes are soaked.
My brain still isn't working properly but I'm putting the pieces together. I remember falling, then nothing. I look down at my body which is soaked as well. This man saved me.
He's the first to speak. "Are you okay?" He has a light accent. Did he really just ask me if I was okay? I just fell off a cliff and nearly died. I was not okay. "Are you?", he asks interrupting my thoughts. "No", I breathe. It's freezing and I'm shaking now. "Thank you", I tell him. "No problem", he chuckles. He then grabs me and pulls me into his arms. I'm so confused. I almost push off of him but I'm freezing and he is so warm. "You're turning purple", he says and I look down at my body. He's right. I need to go to a hospital.
I look up at him. His lips are purple and he's shivering. He hugs me tighter trying to keep warm. Normally I would be embarrassed by now. My cheeks would be flaming red, but I'm to cold to think about anything but getting warm.
"We need to leave, it's to cold, we are going to freeze to death" he says. I nod my head and he picks me up, carrying me like a child.
I don't think either one of us thought about how we would get back up the cliff. Now facing the tall cliff, he placed me back on the ground. "Hold on, I'll be right back", he says and I nod.
To my surprise he walks over to the water's edge and starts running into the water. He dives in when it's deep enough and swims around the corner of the cliff until he is out of view.
I'm alone now and I can't control myself from shaking. It's been about 10 minutes since I saw him round the corner and I'm starting to panic. " I'm going to die out here all alone and he's going to die trying to save me" I think to myself.
Then I hear a splash. I see him coming back. I want to run to him and hug him. I don't know why. I don't even know him. Besides I can't seem to lift my body off of the sand.
I hear him running and feel two hands grab my body. "There is a slanted rock around the corner that we can climb onto, to get to the top of the cliff", he says. Then what he says next scares me. "You are going to have to go back in the water." My eyes widen and he lifts me up walking to the water's edge. "No", I whisper. "Listen I'm trying to save us, okay? I'm going to be right beside you, holding your hand. It's not that far of a swim."

***Harry's POV***

She was sure stubborn for a girl i just saved. She nods and I walk into the water. I'm so cold. The water laps at my ankles and I place her feet down gently. "Can you stand?", I ask her and she nods slightly. She looks exhausted, utterly drained. How could she not be?
I grab her hand and she steadies herself. I pull her close to me and tell her to hold her breath. She looks terrified, but she nods again and I dive into the freezing water pulling her close.
The water is deep, but I can still stand. She clearly can't because I see panic in her eyes as we surface. I grab her hand and she claws onto me. She is shaking uncontrollably and I think I am too.
I warn her before I dive back under and she holds onto my back, her nails digging into my wet shirt. When I come up for air I see the rock I was looking for. I point at it and she nods. A few more seconds and we are there.
I pull her off my back. The water is a little deeper here so just my head sticks out of the water. "I want you to get on my shoulders. Can you do that?" I ask. Her eyes say no but she nods anyway. I think she is to cold to speak. I duck my head underwater and she sits on my shoulders. I walk closer to the rock and tell her to reach for it. She obeys and I put my hands under her thighs and push her up. She looks down at me with reddened cheeks. I almost laugh but I just continue to push her up. She pulls up her weight the best she can. She is very light so it's not hard to push her up, but water splashes my face so I can't really see her.

***Leah's POV***

I was up. I was on land again. My breathing is rugged and I'm completely drained. He's next to come up. I'm not really sure how he got up the slippery rock in such a short amount of time but by the looks of him he was strong enough to do a lot of things. He starts to shake out his curly hair and pushes it back from his forehead. He really is attractive, but I couldn't think much about that due to the cold. He grabs me and pulls me close to him before standing with me in his arms. "My car isn't far, we are going to be okay", his says slowly. The hospital is quite far from here. I don't know how we are going to make it. We are both exhausted.
When we get to his car he places me down by the passenger side and opens the door. He helps me into the car and closes the door. He swiftly runs to the drivers side and hops in the car. Thank god he left the keys in the ignition.
He turns the car on, heat blowing onto my face. It feels indescribable. We sit still heat blowing on both of our faces until he starts to move the car. "The hospital is really far away. Would you rather me bring you home?" he says. "No", I say a little to loudly. I'm really not up to seeing my father right now. He flinches and says "okay hospital it is." "Do you have a house?", I ask mentally slapping myself on the head. Of course he has a house. "Yes", he laughs "why?" Why did I even ask that's so rude. "Never mind", I say. "If you're asking if you can come to my apartment, you can", he smiles. "I live right around the corner. A much quicker drive than to the hospital." I nod and he smiles.
This is all so strange to me. I don't know how to talk to boys, or people alone. I feel awkward. I don't even know his name. He interrupts my thought when he says "my roommate might freak out on you, just letting you know." I think about his words. "Your roommate?", I ask. "Yup he's really cool just weird around new people sometimes", he laughs. A guy? He must be in college. I feel even more awkward now. I'm only 17 he has to be at least 19.
We pull into a parking lot with four brown apartment buildings in it. The heat feels so good blowing on me I don't want to get out of his car. I look at the dashboard and the clock reads 2:27. It seems like just seconds ago it was 6am.
He pushes his door open letting the air seep in. He walks around the car and opens my door for me. "Thank you", I mumble.
When we get inside his apartment the heater is on and I'm thankful. "NIALL!", he screams and another man pops his head out of a doorway. He is shorter then the boy with the curly hair and has blonde hair with blue eyes. He is attractive as well. "Hey Har..", he stops. "Whose this? Why are you wet?", he asks and points at us. "Go get some blankets. Will ya?" Har.. whatever tells Niall. Niall scurries into one of the doorways. "You need to change your clothes" he tells me. "Stay right here". I wasn't planning on going anywhere. "I will", I say.
Niall is the first to return. "What the hell happened?", he asks me. "Long story", I reply. He shrugs and the curly haired boy re-enters the living room. "You are really tiny so this shirt will be like a dress on you", he hands me a long sleeve black t-shirt, a pair of plaid boxers, and some white socks. "Thanks", I reply and he shows me to the bathroom.
I peel off my wet clothes and look into the mirror. My hair is a frizzy, wavy mess and there is black smudges under my eyes. I truly look horrid. I'm really embarrassed now having two attractive boys see me look like this. I keep on my wet bra and but the black t-shirt over my head. It comes down to my mid thigh, definitely to short to be a "dress". I'm really not that small. I'm about 5'4" and weigh about 115 pounds. I pull off my wet jeans and nearly slip, catching myself on the bathroom counter. I decide to keep my underwear on even though it's soaked. I put on the boxer shorts and then the socks. I look homeless. I rub at the black smudges under my eyes. I move my hair to where my part is where it should be and comb my fingers through my short hair. There is no sign of any kind of hair product in the bathroom so I just give up and leave it to air dry.
I hear a knock on the door and someone asks me if I'm okay. "Yes, I'll be out in a second", I reply. I take one last look in the mirror. I'm finally starting to warm up and my lips aren't purple anymore. I pick my clothes up from the floor and unlock the door.
I open it and I almost scream. The curly haired boy is standing right in front of me, eyes wide. "I'm Harry by the way", he says slowly. "Leah", I respond. I finally know his name. He has changed his clothes and is wearing black jeans and a faded black jacket. It looks good on him. He smiles at me with his perfect teeth and leads me into the kitchen.

_________________

Ok so this chapter was definitely longer. I really hope you guys like it so far. I'm sooo excited((: