Chapter Two

Security Camera Footage

June 15th, 10:34 A.M.

It was slimy. Straight up short and slimy. No eyes, just a mouth with two very long teeth. It was, just, disgusting. It's about 9 inches long, and it looked like it didn't even have guts. It was a little more than a centimeter high, so it looked like it was completely flat. The teeth stuck out of its mouth with a sparkling gleam. They were so sharp that you felt like it was biting you just looking at it. It was something that wasn't manmade or universally made, but it was something that had pushed and shoved its way into being created. It slithered out of the stained and cracked lab, and out into the hallway. It paused, as if waiting for something, and then another creature emerged. Then another. And another. Soon, there were about seventy of the things. They were all silent and still. Waiting. Waiting for something to host that passes by. A creature in the back started wriggling, as if sensing something was there, and started growing. Growing as in growing taller, for it is now at least 5 inches high, teeth even longer now. It slithered out of the corridor and into a random dorm. The door opened and closed behind it. There were no cams in that room, so audio was put on. Muffled screaming came from behind the door, and then 2 other screams were heard. A figure (Jeremiah Myers. Age 37. Occupation: Lunch Server) steps out of the room, covered head to toe in blood, pockets bulging. He is carrying a crowbar, also covered in blood. The figure is laughing, saying "RED PAINT IS PRETTYYYYYYYYYYY. IT COMES OUTTT OFF PEOPPLEEE. I WANT MORE RED PAINT. NOW." I think we all know what that means...

As he walked into the bright and loud hallway, he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his hands, as if he didn't know what was going on. He saw the red crowbar in his hand, and looked behind him at the dorm. He screamed in terror, seeming genuinely terrified. He started whispering names, which I've tried to search for on the ship. "Mealanie... Lacey..." Mealanie Myers, the first woman, is 34 years old and works at the laundry station on the ship. Lacey Myers is 7 years old and, since she's seven, doesn't have a occupation, but in the occupation slot on her registration paper it says 'Professional Barbie Destroyer.' Kids, am I right?

Anyways, it seems as if the virus effects the person it hosts, and their personality switches back and forth, eventually they actually go mad from all of this happening, and the virus's work is done. Jeez, that's brutal.

The other viruses started to wiggle and grow into the monsters that they are, and start slithering into the other dorms. The first virus to attack led them on, fully refreshed from the host's merciful parts in their brain. If I were Brielle, I'd jump on an escape pod and fly the bejesus out of there, because losing your sanity? That's the worst thing that could happen to you. You could actually kill someone. You could kill the people you love.

You could never go back to your old life again.