Chapter 6 - Angry wolf.

Chapter 6 -  Angry wolf.

Melora Zoye's POV.

It was the next morning, and I was having difficulties with waking up. School was starting in an hour, but I couldn't stop thinking about Lucian. He had gotten so mad, and expected me to meet him after school. Yes, he was handsome, but most likely also very dangerous. And, I didn't take orders from a man! I would just go straight to home after school, and I only hoped that he forgotten about it.

I decided to get out of my warm bed, and went to the bathroom. "You're up, wow. I'm shocked!" My sister said when she saw me. "Good morning to you too, dear sis." I laughed. She rolled her eyes playfully and said: "I can't pick you up after school, I have to work late again. Do you mind walking?" I shook my head and smiled at her, trying to reassure her. She was easily worried about me, but I was thankful for that. Mother and father never really gave a shit about me, and there weren't really a lot of other people in my life. I sighed, shook my head to get the sad thoughts out of it and went into the bathroom.

After my shower, I had gotten dressed into something warm. It wasn't going to snow today, but it was still cold outside. I quickly grabbed my books and went into the kitchen. I made some coffee – I was going to need it- and ate a energybar. That should do for today. After checking the fridge to see if there was enough food for dinner, I realized that I probably had to go to the supermarket.

"Layla! Can you leave some cash for groceries? I'll go after school." I yelled. "Yeah, I will leave it on the table! See you tonight, be safe!" My sister said, and shortly after that I heard the front door close. I walked up to the table, grabbed the money and decided to head out. It was 9 AM, but my class started at 10 AM, so I had enough time. I locked the door, and with a heavy sigh, I made my way towards another boring school day.

After school.

During the whole day, I was scared and thought that Lucian might show up every moment. Luckily, he didn't. I was still freaked out about the whole werewolf thing, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. About him. When he had touched me yesterday, it had felt amazing. I've never really been touched by any man, so maybe this was my head playing games with me. I decided to ignore it.

"Melora? Are you okay? You seem stressed." I looked around me, and saw Alexander. Alexander was a very popular boy, he had the looks and an awesome personality. His brown hair was messy and his blue ocean eyes were looking at me. I didn't really have friends here, but he was one of those people who would make just a small talk with me. He was a nice guy, so I didn't mind.

"Oh, hi Alexander. How are you doing?" I asked, trying to avoid his question. Was I okay? No, absolutely not! I had witnessed a wolf turning into a man, so no, I was not okay! But obviously, I couldn't tell him that. He would think that I'm crazy.

"Yeah, I'm doing great. Were are you going?" He smiled. "Oh, I'm heading home." I smiled back, Alexander's smile was infectious. We continued to talk about random things, before he had to go. I sighed when I saw the time. It was almost 6 PM! Did I really talk that much? I scoffed at myself for being so stupid, it was dark outside and I still had to go to the supermarket. I bit my lip, and decided to go. Let's hope that I won't meet another crazy wolf...

At the supermarket.

Hmm... do I really need these cookies? I asked myself. Yeah, I really, really need them I decided, and walked with all the stuff away to go pay. It was now almost 7 PM, and I still hadn't heard or seen Lucian. That was a good thing, right? After paying for everything, I grabbed the bags with the groceries and started walking towards my house.This part of town was scary, and I couldn't wait to get home. My steps grew bigger and I almost started running.

Something was wrong.

I was almost home, when I saw a group of men leaning against a car. I held my head high up, and walked past them. Only, I didn't get far. One of them grabbed me by the arm, and I had to take a step back.

"Well well... what do we have here?" I heard the man say that had grabbed me. "You have nothing here, please don't touch me." I said, disgusted by his breath. It reeked of alcohol, and I immediately knew that they were all drunk. I was scared, but I was determinded not to show it. I knew I had to fight them off, otherwise they would have their way with me. No way in hell I would let that happen.

"Don't be like that, we just want to have a little fun, babe." The other man said. He came closer to me, and grabbed a fistful of my hair. His hands snaked up towards my jacket, and he tried to tear it off. Out of shock, the bags fell from my hands. When the other man tried to kiss me, I decided that I had to do something. I bit the arm that held me, and I heard the man cry out in pain.

"You fucking bitch!" He shouted and ripped off my sweater. I was only wearing a tshirt underneath it, and the coldness was eating my skin. But, I wouldn't go down without a fight! I lashed out, aiming for the other man's gut. My fist hit him, and he fell. I tried my best to fight them off, but there were 3 of them, and I was alone. I grew tired, and my body was starting to feel numb. The men had hit me pretty hard on my head and stomach and I wasn't fighting back as hard as in the beginning. I was almost done breaking the other guys nose, when I heard that familiar voice roar. I felt my body relax. What the hell?

"What the fuck is going on here?!" There, dressed in all black, stood Lucian. He looked beyond pissed with his jaw clenched en eyes flaring. I felt the shivers run down my spine.

"Leave us alone man, we just want to have some fun." The guy behind me said. Lucian's eyes turned from the beautiful grey, into a black color. When he growled, the men behind me let me go. I fell and my head hit the ground pretty hard. I tried to stand up but the world was spinning. Melora, get a grip! I tried again but fate was working against me.

My eyes almost closed when I saw Lucian attack those guys. It was pretty impressive to see, he took them down in less than 2 minutes. The men all lay around unconscious on the floor while Lucian turned around, and searched for my eyes.

"Fucking hell Melora, what are you doing here?!" He yelled at me, and I winced. The sound was hard, and it only made me feel weaker. I couldn't help but wonder how he knew my name. I had never told him that.

"Oh, you know, just walking." I tried to joke, and I looked into his eyes. They were completely black, and it scared me. He growled, before he tried picking me up. I quickly scooted away. "No no, I- I can do it myself." I tried standing up. It was hard, but I did it. He growled again. "Are you fucking crazy?! You are in pain, and half naked! Let me carry you, we'll be faster." I shook my head, but he didn't take no for an answer. He picked me up, wrapped his jacket around me and took off. Then, I remember something important.

"My groceries! Lucian!"

Melora is pretty bad-ass huh? :)