SHORT STORY 1: Running Away Leads Me Toward You

Daena couldn't care less if her phone screen would break as she deliberately type in a message for the travel agency.

She desperately need this escape to Seoul. But she's now stuck in Tokyo's airport, she missed her connecting flight. Curse the long line in the restroom.

She blankly stare at her phone after sending the message, oblivious to the busy people who goes back and fort hurrying to catch up and celebrate the New year's eve.

She only have three days before the wedding. And if the 'God-of-peace-of-mind' will be her friend, she'll be able to convince herself to go back to Dubai in time to get it all over with.

She almost dropped her phone when it vibrated signalling a message that she's hoping would give her good news.

'We are communicationg with the airline on rebooking your flight, but we are advise that earliest available flight will be tomorrow morning. They will arrange for your accomodation at the nearby hotel and would take care of the transfer. Thank you."

She buried her face on her hands in desperation. It seems nothing is really going well for her.

Why did she even get herself into this? What does her parents thinking? Arrange marriage is so 'in the past'. She can still remember how they justify their decision with their so called 'friendship between families' and her mom at one point said that this is because they just want the best for her.

She can't help but shake her head in disbelief, I am just 23, he is 10 years older that me!

That guy doesn't even seem to like her, how many times did she ever met him? Four?

Twice of that was during summer vacations, when his family pay them visits. He wouldn't even play with her. He's always been so 'grown-up', if not reading, she would catch him staring at her, annoyed on how she'd run around the house. Then at her 18th birthday, I think we've dance, and the fourth time was when they announced the engagement.

Franco had grown to a handsome man, but he still have the grim expression and familiar studying look that he usually gave her, he never expressed a word while she had all the violent reactions. How did they convince him to say yes?

She eventually said yes after some crying from her mom, and -how could you not do this one thing for us- line from her dad. Much to her regret as the days of the wedding gets nearer. There is so much that I haven't done in my life.

And now here she is, making her last minute escape, to Seoul, hoping to be inspired by the romance like in novelas, and then maybe, just maybe she can go back just in time and fulfill her part of the commitment.

She groans with frustration.

She felt way better upon checking in the hotel. She gave the steward who assisted her a warm smile before she closed the door. She's impressed as she studied then premium deluxe room that was given to her, the interior was amazing. I might still give them a high rating after the delays.

She dropped her suitcase and went to the window. She can't help but gasped as she was greeted by the panoramic view of Tokyo's skyline, adorned by the grand Rainbow Bridge, twinkling in city lights. Cars and ships are bustling for New year's eve.

She was lost in the view when she heard someone opening the bathroom's door.

She spun around, someone is in here?!

Her whole body stiffened as a guy, half naked, fresh from shower, hair ruffled, came out from the shower room.

And he is not just any other man. He is the exact man that she is running from?!