Chapter 6

Marilyn's POV

After about two weeks of recording we are almost done with the damn album. It didnt take that long, I guess. We just finished recording the final product of Sweet Dreams. It turned out really nice, I'm surprised. Ha! I told them it'll be a good song to do the cover on.

I start to mess around with the computer, in the recording studio, for the album cover. I play with different fonts for the tittle and such. The rest of the band is out taking a break in the green room. I place a picture of me with my top hat and type in 'Smells Like Children' across the bottom. I sigh, it still doesn't look good. We still have to take pictures for the back cover and the booklet that goes inside. We just did pictures of me for the cover. I play with filters of my picture. I first put blue, then purple, and I finally do green. The green filter looks pretty nice. I place that on the front cover and put the tittle on the bottom and the band name on the top. Maybe that'll do, for now. It looks pretty good. I hear the door open. I turn and see the bright lights from the hall shine in the dark room I'm in.

"Manson? Turn on the fucking lights," Daisy says while turning on the lights. My eyes burn for half a second. Daisy takes a seat next to me. "I'm just checking on you. Wanna beer?" He offers the unopened bottle in his hand.

"I'm fine," I say. He nods.

"So, we're almost done with the album?"

"Yup, we just have to do two more songs then we have to do a photo shoot for the back cover and booklet."

"Cool! This isn't taking long at all. The last album took what? Two months?"

"Yeah, Portrait took a little longer. I guess it's because we know what we're doing now." I say and shrug. I lean back in the office chair I'm sitting in.

"I see you're getting really comfortable around Twiggy." He says and smirks. I scowl at him and make the 'did-you-really-just-fucking-say-that' face. His face shows panic. "S-sorry, I mean c'mon, you are close to him."

"He's just my friend." I cross my arms. Is he insisting that I have a pathetic little crush on our bassist? Well, I don't. He's just a dear friend...he is cute but he's our fucking bassist!

"Poor kid. Once he gets in the band we do an album right away and we go on tour right after that too! I hope it isn't too much too soon." I agree on that one. I do sympathize that we are doing so much right when he just barely joined the band.

"Yeah, I haven't told him about the tour yet." I tap my fingers on my arm. When should I tell him? We have another two weeks until we get onto the road.

"I'll tell him, if you want."

"I'll just make the announcement to everybody at once." I dismiss him and I lean back to the computer. I try out more fonts and colors for the tittle and band name. "That one looks good." I mumble to myself. I suddenly feel a pair of hands on my shoulder. I jump up and yelp. What the fuck?! I'm going to hurt whoever fucking scared me. I turn and see Twiggy smiling smugly, I can't hurt him. Instead of wanting to beat him up I just smile. That's Twiggy just being an idiot as usual

"Heh, I scared you." He says proudly. I roll my eyes.

"Slow clap for you then." I say. Instead of sitting in the seat next to me he puts himself on my lap. He's the only one who can do that without getting their dick castrated by me. He's always an exception.

"What are ya doing?" He asks and cocks his head.

"I'm just working on the cover of this new album." I say and point to the screen.

"Looks cool so far! Instead of Marilyn Manson in the color purple you should change the letters to pink!" I click on the band name and change it to the color pink. He's right, it looks good like that.

"I like it. Good job." I praise. He smiles as I pat his head like a puppy.

"Woof!" He barks. I chuckle and scratch behind his ear. "Woof!"

"Who's a good Twiggy? Who's a good boy?" I say as I scratch some more. It's weird, when I'm around Twiggy I do stuff that I won't normally do. He lets my childish/playful side out. I'm always so serious because of the band and I never really have time or anyone to act childish.

"Woof!" He says again. We both laugh.

"Uh, Marilyn?" I stop scratching and look back. I see Sara looking at me as if I have lost my mind. I clear my throat.

"What?" I ask trying to sound annoyed.

"What are you doing?" Twiggy giggles.

"None of your business." I simply say. Sara sighs.

"Anyways, if we're done then I need to head back home. I have a date tonight."

"I guess that's enough for today." I say. Twiggy hops off of my lap. We walk to the room where everyone is. "Alright, good work today. We meet up here on Tuesday." Everyone packs their stuff and drive away. Twiggy and I hang back.

"Can I come home with you? I don't have any money for the bus." Twiggy says.

"Sure, come on." We gather our stuff and head to my house.

Last day of school today! it's finally summer!!-Twiggy Way