O7 | i love you

Parker walked the halls of Mountain Ridge High anxious for the reveal after school

Parker walked the halls of Mountain Ridge High anxious for the reveal after school. He tugged at the bottom of his mustard yellow thickly knitted sweater whilst trying to dodge the bodies trying to escape their classes to only be pulled into another class. Parker's day in his mind was a daze. He hadn't registered anything in his classes and didn't even attempt to write any notes except for small doodles that have no meaning but showcase how anxious the brunette was. His eyes flashed across the halls looking for anyone that looked like Tenō Haruka, but to no avail, no one that he speculated was the mysterious number.

The bell rang to tell all of the students to leave to go home or get prepared for those who had a seventh period. Those heading towards their seventh period could've been Parker if he had a way of getting home. Procrastinating on getting his license and having no friends who could drive he would usually hop on the bus to get home, but today was different. He stayed behind past school hours to wait to meet up with someone. For Parker, this was something groundbreaking. In all his three years of high school, he had never done this. Parker had friends, however, they weren't close friends. None of them he would willingly wait after hours for. This stranger, however, made Parker wait. He looked down at his outdated phone to see a message pop up on his home screen.

 He looked down at his outdated phone to see a message pop up on his home screen

[UNKNOWN]

I'm waiting in the back. Meet me at the practice fields.

See you soon Michiru. ;)

[PARKER]

Okay, I'll be there soon.

Read 14:12

Parker Reyes backed down from a lot of things in life, but this was something he refused to back down from. This unknown number went from no one to someone in Parker's heart. His hands started to become clammy with anticipation. Parker didn't know what he felt at that moment. Scared? Happy? Anxious? His heart kept beating at a rapid pace thinking of who the unknown number could be. Who could've taken an interest in the school's "weeaboo"? Parker swallowed down all his doubts and did a swift turn and start to walk to the back of the school stiffly. He wasn't sure what to expect. In his head, the unknown number was just a black silhouette of mystery.

He finally reached the door that opened to the back of the school. He stood there for a second his hand on the door ready to push, but now he's having second thoughts. This all could be a prank, were the thoughts running through his head. Parker pictured all the outcomes and none of them looked good. One strangler in the hall rushed out of class bumping into Parker's lanky body skyrocketing him towards the door forcing it to open. It was much brighter outside than inside as Parker squinted his eyes realizing this is now or never. He took a step on the lush green grass trying to find anyone that could be the unknown number.

"Parker!"

Parker grew stiff no one called his name like that before. He knew who it was, but he was too scared to turn around. Parker's minute of shock didn't stop the unknown number from jogging towards him. A tall pale male ran towards him with platinum blonde hair. He wore a black leather jacket, white tee black, white sneakers, and light-washed ripped jeans. He was the image of the hottest boy at school. Then it clicked in parkers head. That guy jogging towards him was also the guy who showed up in a dress. The gears shifted in his head. Roman Nikiforov was the unknown number. Roman Nikiforov, the exchange student. That same Roman Nikiforov everyone had a crush on until he showed up in a dress. Parker's eyes widen, his mouth slightly opened. He was shocked. Roman was the last person on Parker's list to be the one to text him, give him a Sailor Moon box set, and made him happy.

Before he realized it Roman was only a couple of feet away from him.

"Hey, Parker." Roman said in a soft voice that was still thick with a Russian accent. He held a soft smile on his face that looked out of place compared to how he is portrayed. Parker still couldn't believe it.

Parker's jaw fell down and his eyes widen with disbelief. As he slowly registered who was in front of him he let out a yell, "You're Roman!"

"The one and only."

"You're unknown." That comment made Roman release a soft laugh.

"Thank you for stating the obvious Captain Obvious."

Parker finally loosened up a bit having that confirmed. He didn't feel as scared or stiff knowing that the person only a few feet from him is the one he confided in for the past couple of months.

"Well looks like I can finally put a face to my unknown texter."

▐ AUTHOR'S NOTE

WORD COUNT: 901

i'm so so so so so sorry that i left you guys hanging for almost a full year. i just finished my sophomore year of highschool couple months ago so i've been busy and this story was on the last thing on my mind. i was more focused on getting good grades, checking out universities, and passing my AP euro class most of all (ended that class with an A ahhhhh). Anyways this story is not finished but it is very close to being over (next chapter might be epilogue though but who knows). again i apologize for the super long wait. i just wanted to let you guys know this story is still going on <3

if you're wondering why roman is referred to as him in this it's because this is in third person limited meaning that all we know is still only coming from Parker (if that makes any sense). So if anyone picked up on why roman isn't they/them it's cause of that.

 So if anyone picked up on why roman isn't they/them it's cause of that

don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

please support me: https://ko-fi.com/A6832F22