•1

Cheron

'My bitch too foreign, need a visa. Ouu. Ion need her'

I turned around, bobbing my head to see if my son was enjoying the song as much as I was.

He looked up from his toy with sleepy eyes, and yawned.

"You're a baby anyways! You just gotta accept it!" I turned back around at the wheel, and mumbled lyrics and got back to focusing on the road again.

On the other side of the highway, I saw a cop car swerving into lanes.

I turned the volume down to one, which was very hypocritical of me because I hate when people do that.

Suddenly, the lights cut on, flashing blue and red.

I could see Caedon turn his head towards the light in the mirrors.

The car kept swerving, and that's when I realized that there was an issue.

I pushed down on the gas, and watched the cop car disappear in the rearview.

Until it cut sharply across the grassy median, and sped up as if the gas was floored.

I cut out the lights on the car so that we were harder to spot, but the car kept coming.

We were a target.

I was beginning to loose control of the wheel myself, and slowed down a little.

The car rear ended us, and propelled us forward.

The glass in the back of window shattered.

"Fuck!" I shouted, and quickly turned the wheel before turning to get my son as he screamed.

I wasn't able to identify if it was out of fear, or if he had gotten cut.

I looked out the back window, and saw that the car chasing us was now two seconds away from my being.

Boom.

I remember holding onto Caedon's car seat as we flipped over and over again.

And that was it.

-