Nine: Bad Taste

This book has been gaining so much lately. I am shook.

You should go read my other books. They're mostly nalu but they're lonely ;-;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-not edited-

"Is there a particular reason you all are being inexplicably cruel?"

"We need lunch, you know Lu-chan!"

"Nobody ever uses the cafeteria except for me because I'm obsessed with bread! Since when is it a coincidence you all just forgot your lunch!? And don't you know I always go before everyone else shows up!? There is a method to this!"

Nobody answers me. That is my greenlight to continue ranting. "Anyways, I don't get why I have to too! I was traumatized the last time I went in there!"

Apparently we need to go to the cafeteria because "they forgot their lunch." I didn't want to stay by myself in the council room so i came. I'm regretting it more and more with each dreaded step down the hallway that's lined with a fancy carpet.

Levy laughs, the traitor. She's always supposed to take my side. "It was kind of funny," she admits. "I mean, Natsu running at full speed, whipping passed you and knocking you over."

"So he's hit you in the face, and knocked you over. How is he not dead yet?" Cana asks.

According to MHS logic, he should be. Because if my stereotype was true, I would've sought revenge. Who knows though? I haven't seen Natsu today. Maybe he got his leg amputated.

"Hey look, there he is."

I jolt and look around the hallway in a panic. "Where!?"

They laugh. And I realize, Oh, they were joking.

"Juvia believes you are overreacting," Juvia notes.

"Oh, says you! You've never accidentally sat on someone's lap anyway! What are the chances of that in the first place?" Increased because it's me. I hate luck.

With a laugh, Lisanna says, "More so than sitting on someone's face."
[why does that sound familiar?🤔]

The girls laugh again.

I face-palm. "You guys are so mean..."

We get to the big open doors of the cafeteria and walk through, me without thinking. As soon as people take notice of our presence, silence spreads throughout the room like a whoosh. Everyone is staring...

Oh. Right. Um...

"What are you looking at?" I say darkly.

Simultaneously, they look away and the chatter resumes.

I smile inwardly. Works like a charm.

As we walk through the aisle of tables, I see each spine stiffen as I walk by, and the fearful atmosphere remains. But it could be worse. It could be painfully silent. It's a big cafeteria, which makes every sound and voice echo slightly.