Inside to Rana Habeeb

Rana had always been a dominant woman in her life- whether it was in her friendship group at uni or a team at work, she was always the one leading, or shall we say, in control. Not to mention her many relationships, Rana always knew what she wanted.. or did she?

Growing up in a strong, Muslim orientated family, Rana always felt the need to impress and be the 'good girl' her parents wanted and expected of her. Of course it never went down that way for her, all thanks to the golden boy Imran, Rana's older lawyer brother. Yeah, lawyer. Education, jobs, relationships- all these were an element of pride for Rana's parents and family; and for most religious Muslim families. Although Rana and Imran were practically best friends, the pressure of their parents would always be driving a wedge between to two siblings, almost making their lives a competition- which neither of them wanted.

This was the planted seed of Rana's unhappiness, from day one. She always wanted to be a fashion designer, dreaming of seeing models walk down the runway in her designs- that was the dream. But instead, she had to follow the dreams of mommy and daddy.

"Darling Rana, fashionists don't make it in our world, and we don't have them kind of jobs. You want to be more like your father and I, get educated and have a career your family can be proud of."

These words are tattooed in Rana's mind, which is why she always felt she had to get a high respected job role, but still, being a nurse isn't enough for her parents when they have a lawyer for a son. Rana can't win.

Rana has gotten used to her facade lifestyle at home, that's why she chose to live away at university- live the life she wanted, take off that mask she wears and be free. Be the real Rana.

Drinking, partying, staying up all night laughing with friends, being free. This is what she always wanted. She was the one out of her friends who held the confidence, no matter what life at home was like, you wouldn't meet another girl as fierce as Rana Habeeb.

All the guys would be jumping at the chance to be with Rana, who wouldn't? Her big chocolate brown eyes, hair full of life, strong structured face but still managing to look timid and who can forget her infectious smile, anyone would fall in love once they caught a glimpse of it. Of course, she's a big flirt, that smile would widen every time she hit the clubs and bars with the girls, killing every guy she gazed at.

Whilst living at uni, Rana was doing a fashion course- living her dream in secret. This isn't what she wanted, having to live the life she wants behind a curtain. But battling against her parents was a war she didn't have the inner strength to do, it was too much.

Beneath the feisty, confident Rana, there's always going to be this young, vulnerable and weak girl who needed, just needed.. something, that something that would light that fire inside of her and bring it to the surface. Love? Friendship? Who knows. She just needs and wants to be happy. Inside and out.