Chapter 4- Trust

It seems language and communication is a problem here but the moment she puts her hand on mine seems to trigger some sort of trust between us. She trusted me and I'm not gonna let her down.

 "Alright." I said while looking around."How do we get out of here?"

 We walk around the room while I hold Yorda's hand. She seems to be busy looking around the entire room like everything is new to her. Meanwhile there seems to be no way out of this room except for the doorway located near the end of the room blocked by two idol statues. And the only way to open it is to use that weird looking sword that the masked men used earlier.

 I let go of Yorda's hand as I ran my fingers across the statues. 

 There must be a way.

 Then suddenly I heard a yelp as I look around.

 "Ico"

 A shadow came out of nowhere as it grabs Yorda and slung her over its shoulder. She weakly tried to break free of the hold as the shadow began walking into a pool made of darkness.

 "Let go of her!" I yelled as I charged towards the creature. But before I can land an attack, the shadow tossed me as I hit the wall.

 "Ico" Yorda said weakly as she tries to break free from the shadow's grasp.

 I nearly lose consciousness as I heard a sound of wood hitting the floor. I look around as I saw a piece of  wood near my hand. Without thinking, I quickly grab the stick as lunge at the shadow.

 The impact caused the shadow to release Yorda as she falls to the ground. After repetitive hits, the shadow disintegrated as I let go of my stick. My hands are burning with pain but at least Yorda is fine.

  Yorda stands up as she quickly holds my hand. She really look scared about what happened earlier.

 "Don't worry." I said gently squeezing her hand."I won't let them get you again."

Yorda seems to understand what I just said as she smiled. Then her eyes caught the two idol statues she lets go of my hand .I grab the wooden stick as I watch her observe the doors.

 "Uhm..." I said as she walk towards it." That door won't open."

 Realizing she can't understand me, I approached her as she puts her hand on the statues.

 Then a blinding white light came out of her chest as it hit the statues.We both jumped back as the statues slid apart, revealing a doorway.

 "How...How did you do that?"

 She didn't respond as she looks at her chest. Apparently she didn't know that she had that power in her. But whatever that is, we got a chance of escaping this castle.I grab Yorda's hand as we stepped outside.

 Outside,we found ourselves on a stone bridge that connects to the other side of the castle. Its was suspended about a hundred yards or more from above the sea as I can clearly hear the sound of waves hitting the rocks. Yorda on the other hand, looks around with amazement with her eyes. Guessing from her looks, she's never been outside in her entire life.

 After a minute of letting her brain adjust to the scenery, I tugged her hand gently as a way of telling her that we should keep moving. She seems to get it as we started to walk slowly.

 But before we were half-way across, most of the bridge suddenly fell down, creating a gap. The gap wasn't to wide so leaping over is kinda easy.

 Letting go of her hand, I leaped over as Yorda watched in amazement. Apparently she's also new to this leap thingy.

 I reached the other side with ease as I look back for Yorda..

 "Your turn." I said to her while helding out my hand to her.

 She just stared at me like she's trying to say "No way".

 "It's fine.I won't let you fall." 

 Her legs were shaking in fear. She's really scared terrified. But I can't just leave her alone here.

 Please... I said as I still held out my hand to her.

 Then slowly, she steps back she's still trembling with fear as she looks at me with her eyes. Eyes full of courage.

 Then with few quick steps, she leaped  off at the edge. She did make it but not quite. She started to fall as she let out a small gasp.

 "Yorda!" I yelled as I quickly grabs her hand.

 Yorda firmly grips my hand as I tried to pull her up. Tears are already forming in her eyes as she tries to hold on.

 "Don't worry.I won't you fall."

 Slowly I pull her up on the bridge as she catches her breath.Then she looks at me again like she's trying to say thank you.

 After some time we started to walk to again as I open the door into the castle. We found ourselves in a small empty room with a crate in the middle. Aside from that, there seems to be no other path forward so it means there's no way out. Yorda on the other hand seems to be fascinated on the crate as I let her  come near it.

 "There must be a way out." I said as I examine the whole room.

 Then Yorda called out to me as I turn my attention to her.

 "Ico" She said while pointing at the crate.

 "What?"

 "Ico" She repeated while pointing at the crate.

 "It's just a crate" I replied to her as I examine the room again

 "Ico!" She said again with irritation on her voice.

 "Alright" I said as I approached her

 She's still pointing at the crate as I examine it. I guess she wanted me to push it. Pushing the crate forward, I heard a sound as a staircase suddenly formed in the end of the room as it leads to the top.

 "This castle has some weird contraptions." I said as I look at the stairs.

 Yorda seems to be quite  happy now  as she holds my hand again.

 "I wish you can speak my language." I said to her " Your really helpful."

 We started to climb the stairs but suddenly I heard something as I saw another shadow rising from the floor. But this time its not alone.

 I grab my wooden stick firmly as Yorda gently squeeze my hand.

 "Don't worry, I won't let them get you again."

 ____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

 Sorry it took so long I was busy preparing for college. :P

 Anyway The next chapter will be published next week since I'm busy writing Silent hill:Born from a Wish.. So pls bear with me.

 Maria's out... Peace... :P