Chapter Four

Berserk's POV
________________

Some things were on my mind as I drove towards IHOP for our choice of food. We didn't go frequently but it was every now and then. Anyways, when I said some things were on my mind, I meant Dax. It was like something was bothering her or something. It wasn't very difficult to see that as she didn't really hide it. Luckily, I slowed down as we had reached a traffic light that turned red, the lights for the cars going in different flowing directions changing to green immediately. With this time gap I turned my face in the direction of Dax's, reaching my hand out and placing it on one of her thughs, causing her head to turn to me, her eyws soon locking with mine. It bothered me to see her like this.

"What's on your mind Dax? You don't usually look like this and you're usually more flirty." I spoke in a calm tone, my voice giving off the obvious concern I showed along with my care. "Just some things Serky." She said softly, clearing her throat before continuing. "It's nothing big or anything. Just something I found out ab-" She suddenly paused. I tilted my head a bit before I noticed out of peripheral vision that the street light changed but didn't move until I heard a beep from behind me. Upon hearing that I knew I would have to ask later. I moved back into my seat fully and went back to driving, not noticing Dax pull out her phone and begin texting.

Dax's POV
____________

I got a bit nervous and didn't want to tell him, but I wanted to at the same time and with how I almost let what was actually on my mind slip out, I knew he would be more curious. It was like him to be curious, and if something was being told but not finished or if something hidden was shown, he would be curious to want more. So, I pulled out my phone and typed a message to Poppy, Yanna, and Shawn in a group chat they had made.

Me:~8:11~ Guys, Serky's almost found out. He asked what's wrong and I said it without fully thinking I just..don't want him getting hurt too far in the future.

Shawn was the first to respond. Poppy shortly after.

Shawn: ~8:13~ Ight, so where are you guys headed? Me, Poppy, and Yanna can meet you guys down there so we can tell him together, although you'll have to stall him for a while until we get there.

Poppy: ~8:15~ I'm already in my car Daxy Pooh. They're going to IHOP Shawn. Dax kept me updated and with their pattern for going to IHOP, I knew today would be the day they go again.

Shawn: ~8:15~ Ight.

I was about to put my phone away before Yanna responded. I didn't think she would be up but I haven't been around that long to be updated fully on how they do things, so I didn't mind.

Yanna: ~8:17~ I'll be there and I'll be bringing our 'special guest' to the party as well. Just don't tell Berserk we're coming, stall, and we should all be there before you guys are.

I mentally nodded and put my phone away, looking over at Berserk who had been more silent and focused on driving than before. I looked at the frown on his face and leaned over towards him, reaching up and softly kissing his cheek, my own heating up a bit. My idea however worked as the silence ended from Serk's cute reaction.

"Wh-What was that for?" His cheeks were heated for sure, now a dark red. The pitch in his voice had even raised from his shock. I giggled softly and noticed a park to our left, pointing over to it and grabbing his shirt, shaking him a bit. He looked over at the park and we noticed how lovely it had looked. There were roses throughout the park, tulips, daffodils, dandelions, not to mention how clean it looked. The typical pond was in the middle, a little island in the center of the water. Or, at least close to the center. Berserk must have know what I wanted because after a quick U-Turn, he pulled over to the side and smirked. I then realized the park was a great place to go for a jog, but I didn't think Serk would do that in jeans.

We get out and I look over to see Berserk stretching his legs. I then knew he expected us to run, so he was getting ready. I've seen people jog around in a park or past a few parks, so I had no problem with that.

Poppy's POV
______________

After that sudden talk with Dax, I had luckily been in my car already and was now on my way to IHOP. I knew how Dax felt around Berserk and I knew how much she cared about him and how she actually loved him. That's why I brought her into this. I knew how everyone else I could have picked would have been hard for him or too easy, but Dax was the perfect match. She was the one who actually loved him and knowing him, he loved her too, but didn't say it.  She was his weakness and they both knew it. Saying no to her would be a pain for him, but this was all a test, so hopefully Dax wouldn't take it too seriously. Shawn had called me to say he was there and had a table for us already, and Yanna was on her way as well.

As I drove towards IHOP I looked to my left and noticed two people hunched over, both seemed to be panting. It was a park so I figured the two had raced each other around the park or jog til they were tired. I was about to turn away when I noticed a black Tahoe truck, tinted black side windows all but the front, and knew that those two people had to be Berserk and Dax. I drove away, speeding down the street as they were coming back to the truck, Berserk opening and closing the door for Dax before getting in on the driver's side.

'Welp, at least she stalled him. Now let's get to IHOP already. Shawn already reserved a table for us all and had been waiting for a while. Can't keep him waiting forever.'