Chapter 1: Where It All Started

Rain

He wasn't sure if today's a dream; an illusion to be exact. All he knew was that the girl in front of him was no other than the President of the campus, Genevieve Summer Bernardo.

She was your typical leader. Strict, competitive, and intelligent. She was a good leader. She handles situations calmly and she had amazing ideas for the school which are one of the reasons why the school respected her so much.

In short, she was too prim and proper. She wasn't the type of girl Rain would like. She wasn't even half of it.

She was standing there. Smiling at him, like there's no tomorrow. She was handing him an umbrella. He gazed at her and back to the water that was dripping. Rain. His name may be Rain but he absolutely hate rains or any kind of water forms. Pool, sea or even the oceans.

Ironic isn't it?

Of course he had already prepared the umbrella in his bag even if it wasn't raining. He may look like an I-don't-care irresponsible kind of guy but he wasn't. He's like a boy scout; ready to take adventures, anytime, anywhere.

He leaned to the wall and spoke rudely.

"I already have one Ms. Bernardo. I need to go now, so goodbye."

He was suppose to leave but a hand fell in his shoulders.

"Wait", she whispered slowly.

'Wait'. It just took one word to make him stay. It just took a word to make his heart beat rapidly. He wasn't sure what was happening in his body but for once he knew that this feeling was inevitable. For the first time, he had learned what 'nervous' meant. It was only a short meeting but it seemed like it was going to take forever.

'Smiling like an idiot was not an attitude she would have.', he absolutely knew. She was just there. Her big, hazel, doll eyes kept on blinking, making her long, black lashes noticeable.

"Alam kong may payong ka. Ang gusto ko ihatid mo ko." she said proudly.

Rain was just staring at her like a loss child finding his mother. He had no idea what was going on. 'Nagsha-shabu ba to?", he thought.

"No can do Miss Bernardo-"

"Genevieve. Call me Genevieve." she corrected.

"Okay, fine. Whatever your name is, I'm not the person you can play games with. I could call your friends, to help you." he said. Irritation was heard but the petite girl just laughed.

"Silly. Di ka ba nagsasalita ng Tagalog? Alam mo bang na no-nosebleed na ako sayo?!" she joked.

Apparently, Rain wasn't the nice guy at all. He was rude, numb and tackless. He would often cheat at girls thrice at a time and would act as if nothing happened. 'Mayabang', ika nila. He may be a playboy but he is the rank one in class and in the campus. He would win quiz bees and competitions. He was like a walking encyclopedia. He could answer any problem in just a matter of time. He's a genius!

"Hello? Nakikinig ka pa ba?", she asked.

Biglang nagising sa diwa si Rain. He just remembered that the president was talking to him. He just nodded and pretended that he knew what she was talking about.

Genevieve smiled. She repeated it again.

"Ihahatid mo ko, sa ayaw at sa gusto mo"

"Why?", Rain asked. This wasn't the president he knew. He knew the 'serious-type-president'.