Chapter 8

Mabel carried her unconscious brother all the way home. Once at the shack, she was lucky enough not to be spotted by Stan, who was in the middle of watching The Duchess Approves.

She took him upstairs and laid him down on his bed. She wonder when he would awaken. Afraid of anything happening, she sat on her bed and watched him.

Only a few minutes passed and Dipper began to move. Mabel ran over to his bed. Dipper sat up and scratched his head and rubbed his eyes. "What happened?" he asked.

"Well, once you drank that potion, you passed out and I carried you here." Mabel explained.

Dipper looked at his sister, "Thank you." but Mabel was focusing on his eyes too much to hear his thank you. The eyes that had turned pitch black were back to being completely normal.

"Well, the good news," Mabel said, "is that your eyes are fixed."

"My eyes?"

"Yeah. Before you passed out, they turned black. Madam Margie said when you come into contact with your true love, they'll turn pink."

"What? Why pink of all colors?!"

"Cuz pink is an awesome lovey-dovey color." Mabel said happily.

"Well, now that I'm rebooted, what should we do?"

"Might as well go find this girl. That way if it ends in disaster, we can fix it."

"Good point." Dipper hopped out of bed. "Let's do this!" and they both ran downstairs.

They went into the Mystery Shack part of the house. It was closed, so there weren't any customers, which meant no Wendy.

Disappointed, Dipper went outside, only to see a familiar blue van picking up an even more familiar red-headded girl. He ran over to the van and shouted Wendy's name.

She turned around. "Woh there Dipper. Sorry, but, after that whole ghost thing at the Dusk 2 Dawn, these guys don't want to hang out with you anymore. They're still scared. What a bunch of babies."

"Oh, well, that's ok. I was just gonna say, uhh, hi, but I can see there's still some awkwardness."

"Sorry bud. Give em a few more weeks, then we'll see."

"Cool. Well, have fun!"

Wendy slid open the van door and hopped in, "Thanks Dipper!" she said with a smile, only to have Robbie poke his head out from the shotgun seat and glare out the window. Dipper meekly waved and the teens drove away.

Mabel came up behind him. "Well that was lame."

"No kidding. Are my eyes pink?"

"Not even close Dipping sauce."

Dipper slumped in disappointment. "Well, if it wasn't her, then I don't know who else it would be. I don't know any other girls."

"Oh sure ya do! Give me a bit!" and she ran back into the house before Dipper had a chance to speak.

He walked back into the shack and saw Mabel hang up the green phone on the counter. She squealed in excitement.

Dipper became worried. "What did you do?"

Mabel squealed again, "You'll see in about three..." she took his wrist and began to take him to the main front door. "Two..." she let go of his wrist and reached for the door handle. "One!" and she flung open the door to find both Candy and Grenda smiling in the doorway.

"Hey chickas!" Mabel greeted her friends.

"Hey Mabel, and hellooooo Dipper." Grenda said in a creepy flattery. Both girls struck super model poses.

Dipper glared at his sister, knowing exactly why these girls were here. He face palmed.

But as if he needed an explanation, Candy said "We heard you are looking for a new girl friend. " she giggled and blushed. "Mabel told us to come over because it might be one of us!" she gave a sweet smile.

Dipper sighed. "Look, I know I'm supposed to find 'the love of my life', but I hardly know you girls and don't really have any interest in you. I mean, you seem cool, but... No offense."

"None taken." the two girls said.

Mabel said, "Sorry Dipper."

"It's ok. You were just trying to help. All of you were. I'm sorry you wasted your time coming over here."

"It's no big deal." Grenda said.

"It is always a pleasure to come to The Mystery Shack!" Candy agreed.

All four kids walked outside. Since they were all together, they might as well go do something fun. They decided to go eat at the diner and discuss what movie to see there.

While walking, Dipper suddenly stopped. "Mabel! I can't see!" he screamed.

Mabel ran in front of him. His eyes were bright pink. "Your eyes! Someone's here! But I don't see any-" she spotted the girl.

All three girls dropped their jaws.

"Mabel! What's going on? Who is it?" Dipper asked.

"It's, it's..." she stuttered.

"Who is it?! Tell me!" Dipper shouted.

The girls all answered his question, "It's Pacifica!"