1

January 09, 2014

This morning I woke up from another normal dreamless night sleep and worked quickly to get dressed in something warm, preparing myself for the brutal January cold that awaited me. By this point, my mom already took my brothers and sister to school while my dad probably sat in his spot in the backyard watching the dogs use the bathroom as he smoked another cigarette rather that was just one or a whole pack. 

Stepping out into the cold I hated moments like these where I wish I wasn't a sophomore riding the bus to school, and that I was like the older kids who had cars with heaters that went to school, but unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones, though fortunately enough the bus driver seemed to favor me over the other students so once he saw me he would stop and let me on the bus to take the best spot behind him right next to the heater. Pulling up to the school where most the schools' population took refuge in the cafeteria made things difficult to navigate through as normal, but unlike the rest of these people, my friends were outside the library waiting for me like always. To my delight, I was glad to see that at least someone noticed my freshly dyed hair, but Polly always goes on about my hair ever since I dyed it red. Unlike Corey and Brad who only seemed to pay attention to me for all the inappropriate comments I could come up with on the fly unlike any other girl they knew, and Adian has noticed none other girls except Polly since they started dating.   

Today it seemed moving from class to class was becoming a chore of sorts, which made fourth-period lunch just that much better. To no surprise, Brad and Corry already had a table saved for us and Polly was waiting for me to come that way we could just put my bag down and leave with her to get our food. Though coming back seemed to be a problem since when we got back to our table Adian had already taken his spot next to where Polly had her back, but the place I had my girl, I didn't care to get to know, had moved my back and taken my seat. Though I glared at her and looked to my friends hoping one of them would say something or give the idea for us to move so all of us could have a place to sit, to no surprise none of them spoke up, I gathered my stuff up and told them I would go eat outside. To mine and everyone else's surprise Polly, the skinny, Miss I-hate-the-cold, volunteered to go have lunch with me outside under the library clock tower, and to top it off she when Adian asked why she looked her boyfriend in the eyes and without missing a beat told him "I'd rather have lunch with Laural." His expression caused me to laugh so hard it made going outside just that much better at least until we sat out butts on the cold concrete to eat. 

Thought it wasn't all bad because once we were done eating something unexpected happened, towards the end of lunch today this boy with a muscular build, shaggy brown hair, big brown eyes. Came up to us in a pair of shorts and a sweater, holding a steaming bag of tacos from the Taco Bell across the street. And the only reason he came up to us was that he promised Polly yesterday apparently that he would bring her a taco, but that's not all that I found out. According to Polly this guy, whose name is Dean, by the way, went to our middle school and even dated Polly at one point, but they ended things soon after from a big fight that she couldn't remember. On the bright side, Polly split her taco with me and that was nice since I swear Taco Bell has the best tacos. I wish I had some more as I'm writing this down... 

I wonder if I could convince my family to have a taco night I'll just have to see.  

P.s. Is it weird to think that I kind of hope he comes by again, I mean he was really cute... I don't know maybe I'm just trying to work myself up over nothing.