Levels -/- Chapter 20 (Gone)

I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands. My head hurt, it felt like I was ran over or something.
A sharp pain strikes across my left arm, and when I look down, there is a bandage. I rip the bandage off, and there is a wound from a needle. It was bleeding slightly, and was really soar.
I get up slowly, and get to my feet. I walk over to the door and try to open it. But it's locked...
     Everything started to spin and I fell to the ground. "Alex..?" I hear Jesse's voice from the other side of the wall.          The wall was a shiplap material and had tiny cracks in between every piece. "Jesse?!" I get up slowly and try my best to get to the wall. I lean my back against it "where are we?" I ask him breathing heavily.
     "I don't know. But Mason is behind it. He has been drugging you. And has been punching and beating me up. Are it okay?" Jesse says. I close my eyes and pinch the upper part of my nose to try and help my headache. Even though it does nothing... I tell myself it does.
      "We need to get out of here so we aren't stuck for to long. How do we get out? Can you break this wall?" I say to Jesse quickly a little scared.
     "Alex.... we have been here for 2 weeks." Jesse says slowly.
     "What? How? I-we just got kidnaped just barely at IHOP."
     "That was two weeks ago"
      Jesse coughs then takes a deep breath. "I don't know if we will get out of here" Jesse says.
     "No. We will get out of here, I'm going to try and break the wall between us" I stand up and back up from the wall. I was still dizzy, but I was still going to try.
    "Alex no. You will just hurt yourself"
    I shake my head. I knew that it was most likely going to hurt. I still did it anyway though...
     I run to the wall then shield my head with my arms. I hit the wall and it makes a big snap noise then I fall through.
      I hit the ground and don't get up. It was really bright, because of the window high up the wall in the room Jesse was in. "Damn. F*ck that hurt......" I say rolling over into my side to breath a little.
     "Damnit Alex! That was stupid. Awesome, but stupid." Jesse says walking over to me. And helping me sit up. "It was fun though" I said laughing. I just didn't want the room to be filling with negativity, so I was laughing to lighten the mood a little. "Well. I can see you now," Jesse says smiling. He laughs, "I should have done that sooner" he says, "then at least I could have stopped him from drugging you. And then you wouldn't have done it." Jesse moves my hair from off my forehead. He was still wearing the hoodie that I gave him. It was cleaner than everything else too. "How are we going to get out of here?" I ask him. "The window is too high for us to get too, and Mason doesn't let us out of the room. So I don't know" Jesse says while his smile fades.
"I am so hungry" I tell Jesse. My stomach felt so empty and I felt super light. I could tell I had lost a little weight. Not a lot, but I still lost some from the lack of food.
"I know..." Jesse says sadly. "I haven't gotten food for over a week. And you haven't gotten any at all."
I stand up slowly. Everything stopped spinning and I had more balance.
"Maybe we can help each other up to the windo...." I start to say, but a door slams from outside the rooms. Jesse's food starts to open and I back up from it. I stand next to Jesse. Jesse stands up quickly and makes a fist. He had bruises and had scrapes and scratches on his arms and face.
Mason walks through the door and stands there. He looks at us then at the broken boards in the wall. "Jackasses" Mason says. He walks over to me "Your awake finally. I stopped giving you stuff yesterday" mason tells me. He gets a gun from in belt and holds it up to me and Jesse. "Out." He says tilting his head to the door. Jesse puts his arm on my back and waits for me to walk out of the room first. He didn't want me behind him, he wouldn't let me. I walk out of the room. We are in a basement of a building. It seems like a warehouse basement. There was old paint and other things that hadn't been touched in awhile. Along the ceiling and some of the walls there were pipes and switches. I stop in the middle of the huge open room.
Jesse is now standing next to me, instead of behind me. Mason comes round and stands in front of us. Mason swings his fist and hits Jesse. Jesse falls to the ground and struggles to stand up. Mason nicked him out. It took me a second to react, "Jesse! What the hell Mason?!" I yell at him. He points the gun at my head. I gulp and stand completely still. I few tears fall from my eyes, I'm scared for me, and for Jesse. I don't know what is going to happen. "Sit down" mason says sternly pointing the gun to a chair, then back to me. I back up slowly till I get to the chair and sit down. "What the hell happened to you Mason?" I ask him.
"You happened. You stole Jesse" he raises his voice.
"Jesse broke up with you because your f*cking crazy. And unlike you, he moved on." I say back to him.
Mason puts his gun on a table in the right side of the room. He sets it down next to another pistol.
"It's hard to move on from someone when you still love them." Mason says
"You call this love? It's far from love"
"How would you know Alex? You don't really love Jesse. Your not gay, and your not a good match for him"
"You don't know a damn thing about my sexuality. I love Jesse!" I yell at mason.
"So you are gay? It's all really confusing" Mason says being snarky.
"If Loving Jesse makes me gay, then sure. But I don't need a label to tell people who I love or am attracted too" I say.
"Whatever" Mason roles his eyes.
"Why did you kidnap us Mason?" I ask him once again.
"Fine. Let me tell you a story." Mason says, "when me and Jesse were together, life was great. We were happy. Then all of a sudden Jesse was saying that I was being obsessive and acting crazy. He said that he had enough and didn't want to be treated the way he was. This broke my heart. I love Jesse. Then when he moved away I tried my best to get him out of my mind. I tried new relationships and sleeping with other people. None of it worked. Then I hear in the story about a boy that got put in a coma and the cute story about him and his boyfriend. Jesse had a new boyfriend, that quickly. So when I came to see him I was hoping that him seeing me would make him remember he relationship he left. But you got in my way. Because of you, I couldn't be with Jesse. So that's why you are here. If Jesse isn't going to be with me, then he isn't going to be with you either."
"Mason. You are hurting Jesse. Emotionally and physically. How are you showing love. You. Are. Just. Crazy." I tell Mason.
Mason laughs. "I'm not interested in getting in Jesse's pants or loving Jesse anymore. I'm focused on hurting both of you" mason says.
Mason is being really creepy. He needs help and needs to be locked up. He is scaring me. But I can't show it, otherwise he'll take it to his advantage. I continuously say in my mind.
"Mason, please. Just stop now" I say to him. Trying not to poke the bear anymore than I already have.
"No. I think I keep you here." He says walking back to his guns. He grabs one and keeps it in his hands. He continues to talk to me, telling me more about his plan. I'm not listening though. Instead, my focus is on the open door in the corner of the room. It is far away, but is open and is the only way me and Jesse could escape. If only Mason hadn't have knocked him out, and didn't have a gun.
But just as I was thinking Hesse groans and stands up. He sorta stumbles over to me and uses the chair to balance himself. When he has a grip of what happened and where he is at he stand up straight and makes a fist once again. Mason smiles, "Aw. Cute, but the fist and angry face isn't going to do anything." He makes a fake pouty face. Like he was mimicking what he thought we would do.
Jesse grinds his teeth then takes a step forward. "Let us go Mason" Jesse says look back and forth from the open door, to Mason. Mason looks at me then at Jesse, "like I told your boyfriend. No" Mason takes the gun off of safety and puts it up. He points it at Jesse. Jesse grins and takes a few steps forward, till he almost touching the gun to his forehead. "Go ahead. Shoot me" Jesse says slowly. He didn't looks scared. I knew he was, but he didn't seem like he was. Mason nods then points the gun at me. Right at my chest. At my heart. The walks up to me and puts the gun up against my chest and turns slightly to look at Jesse. "Now your boyfriend will die. That would be way for painful to you. Wouldn't it?" Mason states. I gulp and close my eyes, just waiting to get shot. "Please Mason. Just leave Alex out of it" I hear Jesse say.
The gun lifts of my chest after a few seconds. Then it fires. I fall back in the seat. But the bullet didn't hit me.
When I realize that it didn't hit me I jump up as quickly as I can. Jesse is on the ground and there is blood a little below his right shoulder. I run over quickly and drop to my knees. Jesse opens his eyes and I lift him up into my arms. "Jesse. Jesse! Come on, please. Don't give up" I cry. Jesse's eyes were growing heavy and he was trying to keep them open. Then they shut and don't open...