nine

it was finally the day.

mark felt bad for ignoring jinyoung the past few days, but he had to do it to make it seem like he wasn't interested in jinyoung anymore. furthermore, he had been pretending to text and call a certain someone a lot, giving jinyoung the impression that he was cheating on him.

mark pulled on a black tee, denim jacket and light-washed skinny jeans. he tied his shoelaces on his silver sneakers and grabbed his phone and wallet, ready to go and collect the gifts.

he pulled open the front door, only to be stopped by a small, quiet voice.

"hyung, where are you going? are you going to meet someone?"

"yes."

he hurriedly stepped out of the door, closing the door quickly, but not fast enough to avoid hearing the heartbreaking sobs coming from the boy he loved.

i'm sorry jinyoung-ie, i'll make it up to you, i promise.

mark got into the company car which he had asked to use for a day and drove to the jewellery shop a few streets away. getting out of the car, he stepped into the shop and the warmth from the heating system enveloped him. it was only autumn, but winter was approaching fast and so, everyone had started to turn on the heating to keep warm.

"welcome to park's jewellery shop, how may i help you?"

a petite lady dressed in office attire came up to him and offered to assist him.

"i'm here to collect a pair of promise rings under mr tuan."

"the rings with the letters m.t and p.jy with a heart engraved on it?"

"yes, those are the ones."

"okay, follow me to the counter to make payment and collect it."

mark followed after the shop assistant and waited patiently at the cashier while she went to get the rings. he heard his phone ring and he pulled it out to reveal a message from the pizzeria from whom he had ordered a large cheese pizza.

lim pizzeria: good morning, mr tuan. your large cheese pizza is ready for collection.

he replied the message and said that he'll be there to collect the pizza in about ten minutes. just then, the shop assistant reappeared with a pretty bag with two small boxes inside. he paid her and left, quickly walking a few shops down to the pizzeria.

he entered the small shop, slightly overwhelmed by the aroma of the pizzas baking. he quickly collected the pizza, not bothering to make any small talk with the shop assistant who had recognised him as a member of got7. he merely thanked the fan for the support and left.

mark brisk-walked back to the car and got in, driving past the speed limit.

he had to get back to the love of his life.

+

he stopped at the front door of the dorm, taking out a promise ring with jinyoung's initials and a heart engraved in it and slipping it onto his right ring finger. he disposed of the box which once held the ring and the bag, holding onto only the box containing jinyoung's ring with mark's initials on it and the pizza box which he had opened to reveal the cheesy goodness situated comfortably inside.

he took a deep breath and calmed his racing heart before pressing the doorbell. he knew jinyoung would answer the door because he heard jaebum shouting at jinyoung to get the door. it was all part of the plan.

he looked down at his shoes and waited nervously for the door to open. when it did, he heard an involuntary gasp escape jinyoung's lips and he looked up into his mesmerising eyes. he reached up towards the younger's face, wiping the tears off his cheeks with his thumb, juggling the pizza box and the ring box on one hand, jinyoung leaning into mark's touch.

"jinyoung-ie, i know this is cheesy but i love cheesy so it would be grate if you were to be mine and forever more," mark shuffled closer, his cologne and the pizza aroma filling jinyoung's senses, "be my boyfriend? please?"

mark removed his hand from jinyoung's face reluctantly, passing the pizza box to jaebum who had been standing behind jinyoung. then, he got down on one knee and opened the ring box, revealing the shiny silver ring.

"i promise to love you for as long as i'm alive, to protect you and be with you in times of happiness and sadness. i promise to be yours and only yours, park jinyoung."

jinyoung couldn't help the happiness spreading throughout his body and he felt like he was on cloud nine. he nodded eagerly, not trusting himself to speak for fear of odd jumbled words and his current disability to form coherent sentences.

mark slipped the ring onto jinyoung's ring finger, making a mental note to propose to jinyoung in future with a prettier ring, though nothing could compare to his pretty jinyoung, and make the younger his husband.

said boy interrupted his thoughts by wrapping his arms around him as he pressed his lips to mark's soft ones in a gentle kiss. the passion and love emitted from the kiss formed an invisible bubble around the couple, protecting each other with all the feelings they held for one another.

they smiled into the kiss and their very own happily ever after—and of course, the five members watching them let out envious gazes and congratulated the couple, cheering them on when they pulled apart to give them weirded-out looks before they kissed again, their lips and bodies pressed tightly against one another, afraid that if either of them were to let go, they'd disappear.

THE END.

________

AND I FINISHED A WATTPAD BOOK FOR THE FIRST TIME!

i'm not going to say much, but i hope you liked this book and don't be a silent reader okayzz

i'll be releasing an author's note so wait for it :)