[PLAYLIST MEANING]

Just to put more into my story ig??

Season 1 song.

"Dreams" is obviously the main song because it's in the title lol. The song is obviously meaning Lucas and Violet. She's never really allowed herself to fall in love, and it's hard for her to accept that she is, not only that but she doesn't want to hurt Riley because they both like him. So she tries to distance herself as possible from Lucas.

--

Season 1 song.

 "Someone to you" It really means a lot for her character as she's suicidal and goes through a lot of mental things. (No this story won't romanticize mental illness or suicide.) And someday she's still expecting to end herself because she doesn't think she'll always be strong enough to hold on. So she's just feeling like she wants to be someone to people before death, she doesn't just want to fade away into nothing, she still wants apart of her to exist even after death.

--

Season 1 song.

  "Wonderland" Violet and Lucas found 'wonderland' in each other while with each other. And in the process, they got lost in it, and life was never worst because they were together, but it wasn't better either. It was just life.  

--

Season 1 song.

"Bad at Love" She's always found herself having crushes on the good guys (and some not so good guys??) but she's always still distanced herself from falling harder. And well the title is obvious, she's bad at love, looking at her history. Not to mention the love triangle she's stuck in. She feels she'd be lying if she said Lucas was the one who could finally fix her because she's met a lot of guys like that and but she dipped out. Because she's well-- bad at love lmao.

Season 1 song.

"Cynics and Critics" This is all Violet knows being a broken girl with no hope. People always think that people like her are calling for help or begging for attention. Which leads to cutting because then people get ignored and have nothing else to resort to. Violet feels like she doesn't need the help as she'll just go back to the way she used to be so she finds it a waste of time, so she feels she'll be sick forever. She's a copy of every other broken 'emo kid' but it hasn't stung enough to stop her from being this way. This is all she knows, tragic and miserable.

 --

Season 2 song.

"Your loves like" Sometimes life get's bitter and difficult and she needs someone to be there for her and make her feel happy for once. And she's only really 100% happy when with Lucas because his loves like the lyrics of the song say. His love is too good that it's hard to describe in her eyes or in words.

--

Season 2 song.

"Garden" He thinks her bruised knees are sorta pretty, he thinks basically with all of her imperfections that she's still perfect to him. Her flaws don't matter to him. And when she first met him her mind and head wasn't in the right place, still isn't but has changed because he's changing her. And in the best ways.

--

  All Seasons song.  

"Pieces" She's always annoyed with Riley constantly complaining about her life when it's perfect. She has everything she could ask for and she still feels the need to complain and basically ask for pity and sympathy when she doesn't deserve it.  And people aren't buying it anymore because it can and does grow annoying. And Violet see's through that.

--

Season 2 song.

"7 Years" The world is big but most people believe they are kings and queens and are bigger than the world. They all constantly push each other to the limits, especially in today's society. As they pushed each other more they learned more about how that wasn't the way. But life went on with those things still happening somewhat. Not to mention alcohol was involved as they got older adding to the fuel. 

Season 2 song.

"Pacify her" She wants Lucas to stop fucking around and love her already and ditch Riley. Either he likes her or Riley, she just wants him to end the love triangle already and confess who he wants. Because she's getting real pissed with him. But it's still hard for Lucas and he's trying to explain that, and also explain how he doesn't want to hurt Riley. But she's not listening because she knows Riley has a perfect life either way. Not to mention Riley always gets what she wants to begin with, and she's not letting Riley have that this time.

--

Season 3 song.

"Gingerbread Man" She still feels like she doesn't deserve Lucas, she feels like she deserves someone who would treat her bad. As in a bad guy. But apart of her also likes the bad guys just in general. Still, she doesn't believe she needs a good guy she feels like she needs a 'gingerbread' man. Even so, she's still attracted to Lucas and feels like making a move and ignoring Riley liking him considering it's been so long without him and Riley trying to date. She wants to "hold him so close so tightly- but how does she say this politely"?  she wants him to love her hard and not to be nice. (basically, texan Lucas lmao. and yes this song is sexual so that means tbh somewhere around season 3 I'll  include a lemon?? since they are in high school around that time.)

--

Season 3 song.

"Colors" She feels like Lucas is getting further away from her because of Riley and just the love triangle in general. He touched her and she was a lilac sky. But now he's thinking Riley's the one again, so he decided purple just wasn't for him, And now Violet is left in the shadows once again.

--

Season 3 song.

"Mrs. Potato Head" Violet doesn't nor has ever really felt good about her appearance. It's always made her insecure. And she's always felt Riley was much prettier so she feels like it's another reason for Lucas to choose Riley over her. She feels like changing herself into a girly girl and changing her attitude to get him to change his mind about her. But she doesn't understand he likes her just the way she is. And her appearance has nothing to do with his choice.