Making the right decisions

Lost Without You Chapter 7, a bones fanfic | FanFiction

B/B Song Fanfic

Lost Without You

Chapter 7

"Making the Right Decision for the Right Reasons."

At the lab Brennan were alone working on the skull for Angela do to facial reconstruction while Cam, Zach, and Jack were working on a cause of death, other than being mauled by a human.

While Brennan was working on the skull, Angela came in to see how she was doing.

She taped on the door as she said,

"Hey Sweetie, feeling better?"

Brennan ignored the question by answering, "I am almost done with the skull so you can take it to the Angelator for a facial reconstruction."

Angela stopped her from working, "Sweetie, I am not worried about the skull, I am worried about you. Why didn't you tell Booth about your sabbatical?"

Brennan replied while trying to finish her work, "Ang, I don't want to talk about this now."

Angela stopped her from working once more. "Well we are going to have to Bren, was it because you are having second thoughts?"

"No of course not, I am still going to Peru with Sully no matter what you or Booth says." Brennan yelled.

"And we're not stopping you." Angela said as she sat down by Brennan's desk.

Brennan got up from her chair and looked at Angela as she yelled, "Yes you both are."

"Well maybe yes, but that is only because Booth and I just want to make sure that you are making the right decision, that's all."

"Angela, I am a grown woman, I can make my own decisions, whether they are right or wrong. And I strongly think that I am making the right decision." Brennan said, defending herself.

Angela walked towards Brennan as she said, " That's good Sweetie, but it brings me back to the question you never answered, Why didn't you tell Booth?"

"I don't know, I guess maybe..." Brennan said as she started to cry again.

Angela immediately knew what Brennan was going to say, "You were scared?"

Brennan was not sure what to say, "What, no"

"Sweetie don't lie to me okay."

"Yes, ok, I was scared."

Angela continue to read her like a book, "You were scared to tell Booth, because you think he might hate you for leaving, since you guys have been through so much together. Am I right or wrong so far."

Brennan smirked, "Right as you always are, Ang?"

"Yes Sweetie."

"Am I making the right decision meeting Sully in Peru?"

"Bren, you're a grown woman if you think you are making the right decision then you are, but if you are having doubts, you have to ask yourself, are you making the right decision for the right reasons."

"Thanks Ang, very insightful, I will keep that in mind." Brennan said, then she gave her a hug.

Then another knock was heard on Brennan's door. Brennan turned to see that it was Zach.

"What is it Zach?" she asked.

"Cam wanted me to tell you that she identified the body as Eric Seeder." Zach replied

"Thanks Zach, cause of death yet"

"Not yet, I am working on it, but I will let you know." He then left to get started on the cause of death.

Brennan turned and went to her desk; she grabbed the skull and handed it to Angela.

"While Zach goes to find me a cause of death you can go ahead and take his skull to the Angelator for facial reconstruction." Brennan told Angela.

"Will do Sweetie, but while I do that..." she went up to Brennan's desk, grabbed her cell phone and handed it to Brennan. "Call Booth and tell him what's going on."

Angela then left, turning to see her friend on the phone trying to get hold of her partner Special Agent Seeley Booth, to see if they can not only talk about the case but their personal problems too.