Chapter 7

Playlist for this Chapter:

You and I - One Direction

Strong - One Direction

Soul Sister - Train

You're Beautiful - James Blunt

Chapter 7:

I shed my vision off the CD that has been going around in endless circles and gaze at the massive bronze wall that's trapped between two lampadaires that spread their lights upon the wall. The lights are bonding together to form a beautiful resemblance of profundity which I find very serene. 

Taking a deep breath in and then letting it out, the memories with him keep crashing in my mind but they weren't bad, not even the slightest bit. It was afterwards in which had ruined my freedom and seldom that I lived in for about 6 months - on and off occasionally.

Carefully, I grab the box that remains lying on the cherry wooden desk before lifting every book out and every paper that was mixed inside, formed a tremendous mess. As I hold the last piece of paper between my shivering hands I notice a silvered wrap paper. 

Its size is smaller than my palm for I didn't know what it was until I had opened it. It was a little note that said Get well Soon, Ray, and a little red box that had my first initial in gold. That was Zayn's get well soon gift to me when he first came over to Mandy's house to check up on me.

"You always had your way into my heart," I whisper as I place the initial in the rest of my palm and pressing tightly on it and pull the golden initial closer to my chest. 

My heels clack on the parquet floor as my feet lead me for the front door after I've decided to get out of the house without caring that I just left the gramophone on play and with Darin nowhere to be found. I step outside and stand on my front porch and into the warm air that filled the tangerine sky before I trail off, walking until my feet lead me into my old house's path. 

I definitely am not going to knock on my mother's door and relive the 17 years and a half of my life that were at first blur and then switched into hell mode. 

Even though my mother has tried to take my forgiveness and love back I wasn't able to give them back, not after everything that had happened so for that I decide to continue walking until my eyes scan The Paul's residence that was only about five minutes far from my previous place. A deep breath in, my knuckles tap on their door.

"Oh my God Raquel!"Yelps Bonny.

"In the flesh," I smile.

"When did you arrive to Switzerland?" She asks and I am still waiting for her to invite me in, or not. I don't know why I came here after so many years.

"I arrived yesterday. Darin wanted to-" I say before she cuts me off.

"Oh my God how rude of me! Come on in and you'll tell me everything inside!" She says pulling me into a hug. 

I've missed her hugs so much because she was the mother I always needed in my life, whether it was her or Tara, Silva's mother.

"Do you want me to get you something to drink?" She asks as I make myself comfortable in the place I used to call my home, resting my swollen feet and my aching body.

"No, auntie, please sit down I just wanted to see you."

I look around the house and realized nothing has changed except that Mandy was no longer around.

"Raquel?" I heard a tap on the bedroom door as it was Mandy herself informing Zayn and I to stop whatever we were doing.