prologue

Warnings: this book contains mature scenes and violence.

Song for this chapter: Burning Desires by Lana Del Rey*

*Only on youtube

Pain.

It comes like sudden bullets of rain; pounding down from the darkly foreboding clouds with such ferocity, that the ground shakes. Its icy grip pushes through your body tantalisingly slow, making sure to grasp each chamber of your heart in its freezing claws as icebound shocks of heated electricity burn through your veins.

The fiery sensation took over as the cracking of the leather whip sounded, making you breathe out a shaky moan, overwhelmed from the mostly agonising over pleasurable feeling that lingers on your now sensitive and sore skin. Whispers of prayers escape your chapped lips, hoping your masochism lasts forever so the pain will be tolerable.

Happiness.

The feeling of contentment and warmth consumes every fibre in your body as laughter fills the air. Beams of light shine through your soul, brightening dark empty spots and filling them up with bliss and glee.

Familiar faces of your beloved family surround you as the sun rises, casting the trees in their virescent hues and exposing the yellow sunflowers that bloomed only a few weeks ago. The soft blue glow of the sky held few clouds, as the silver linings of the them were sliced by soaring wings; the birds hold no worries and neither do you in this carefree world.

Fame.

The bright lights blind you as you struggle to keep your composure from the flashing cameras that encompass you. The slightly forced, slightly genuine smile comes to view, as the corners of your mouth lift, showing your perfectly aligned teeth; hands sliding down your thighs to rid them of sweat, feeling comfort under the silk that caressed your skin like a cool, autumn breeze. Taking in a deep breath and swallowing your anxiety, you finally dig up the courage to walk down the red carpet. Little did you know it would only be the cameras and red carpet keeping you company.

Money.

Waking up in soft, silk sheets that enclose the warmth of your body, you reach for the remote that exposes the balmy sun rays as the the blinds peel open. The triple-glazed window revealed the breathtaking view of the cerulean ocean as it crawled on its belly along the sand, stretching and mirroring your actions as your arms reached above your head, straightening out. You roll out of your large king sized bed, still drowsy with sleep and make your way to the bathroom.

Feeling the plush carpet underneath your feet, you pass the large painting that hangs on the wall next to the sleek, grand piano with ivory keys that your fingers long to dance over. Sitting down at the diamond encrusted dressing table, you swipe on a couple of layers of your Chanel makeup and brush your soft waves, that cascade past your shoulders, reaching your hips.

Staring at your flawless face, lush perfect locks, and cashmere pyjamas, you realise that you have no one to see or nowhere to go, so you dwell upon the thought that your overflowing bank account is lonely too.

Sex.

Moans, grunts and the sound of skin slapping against each other fill the room as your legs wrap around his hips pulling him closer and feeling him deeper inside you. His lips scatter around various parts of your body: your swollen lips, your soft collarbone, your hardened nipple. An irritated grunt left your lips as you tugged on the hand cuffs that bound your wrists above your head, annoyed that you couldn't explore his body while his hands roamed every inch of yours.

He hits a particular sweet spot inside you, which brings you to your end, making your legs shake violently as you release the burning sensation in the pit of your stomach and let go around him; your orgasm overpowers you as your eyes squeeze shut and muscles relax.

Suddenly your alone, but your mind is hazy with thoughts of satisfaction, just like you received only moments before, however you do not register the fact that you will only be filled up down there and never in the empty depths of your heart.

Love.

To love him is to live; and all you do is fucking live. The moment you saw his beautiful, broken eyes, you mended him with your beautiful, broken heart. Neither of you did realise it but after that, you loved each other with the shattered pieces of your soul, and you weren't broken anymore.

To kill you and him there would only ever need to be one bullet.

His body moulds with yours so every crevice has a home and neither one of you are alone.

Loving him is the light in every dark night. Loving him is the fire on every cold night. Loving him is illuminating the sky with glitter constellations on a starless night.

These feelings cannot be erased as you stare at his handsome face in the morning light that escapes from the gap in the curtains. A rush of adoration floods through your body as his eyes twitch and nostrils flare, a yawn leaving his mouth. He opens his eyes to see you staring down at him. A stunning smile spreads across his face, making your lips flutter upwards, imitating his expression, almost as if his smile was contagious. His lips meet yours in a passionate and intricate way, and as your lips bind together, so do your souls.

-

Hey, this is my first story so bare with me if it's not that great to begin with but I really hope you carry on reading as I have put a lot of effort into this story. I hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment, I would love to hear your thoughts <3 I'm also going to be doing a song per chapter so I would appreciate it if you listened to the songs as you read, lots of love!

- yas x