Jailed

They really screwed up this time.

I'm blamed for small things usually, stealing candy, trespassing at abandoned places, disturbing the peace. Those aren't too bad, I can handle them. However, being blamed for the murder of not one. Not two. But three people!

I don't understand any of it, I'm not guilty, but yet I am still sitting in jail, at this very moment, because of something I didn't do but somehow had my fingerprints in the crime scene. I am really confused. And sitting in jail happens to be super boring, who would'a thought?

Anyway, I'm Victoria Collins, I'm 18, and sitting on a wooden bench, well it feels like. There is a thin mattress on top, so I'm really sitting on that but what difference does it make? It's not getting me out of jail anytime soon.

I hear knocking at the steel door and get off the wooden death bed to go answer it. The door is opened before I have time to take two, very reluctant, steps towards it.

An officer came in, I recognized him as the one who put me here in the first place. My friend, Grayson Matthew, in all his glory, walked in behind the officer.

Grayson waved slightly, keeping his hand at his side. I think I heard him mutter "Hey" under his breath. I waved back at him, my hand also barely moving by my side. The officer stepped out of the way, "You have a visitor, Miss Collins." he said in monotone.

"Oh wonderful," I said meeting Grayson's eyes, "another person to burden your time with, officer."

He glared at me and turned to leave. He stood outside the cell door, with it, get this, closed!

Grayson looked at me, and we stood there for at least a solid minute, just staring at each other, not saying a word.

"So..." He said starting the conversation, "Why did you kill them? Tori... why?"

"I didn't." I stated, hoping he would believe me, "Grayson, you know I would never kill someone, you know me better than this."

"Yeah... I-I believe you... I'm just not sure what to do right now, we have five minutes to talk, and..." He trailed off, shifting his glance to whatever was behind me.

"Hey, At least I have comfy clothes." I said looking on the bright side of things, "For now at least, until my court date when, if I'm found guilty they will give me a jumpsuit instead." Which, of course, I didn't want to happen.

Just then, the officer came back in.

"Officer, please. We weren't finished talking yet." Grayson pleaded, "Please let me stay." His pleading, and the pouty face, of course, didn't work and he was pulled outside.

I heard the sounds of torture.