crushed

It had been about two weeks since Unikitty and I came back to the Unikingdom. She's been taking her duties as ruler very well, except for the occasional visit from Master Frown. But one day, Hawkodile seemed a little...different. He seemed shorter than normal. I soon found out why. A pink heart appeared above him, smushing him down. When he rolled the heart off, he was even shorter than before.

"Hawkodile, what happened man?" I asked him, still recovering.

"I got a crush. This is a side effect of it." He answered. I knew exactly who it was.

"It's Dr. Fox, isn't it?" I said with a smug look on my face. His shades widened.

"How did you..."

"Dude. It's obvious. Anyone with a brain could see the way you look at her sometimes." I cut him off.

Just then, Puppycorn walked into the room.

"Oh no, Hawkodile! Who you got a crush on?" He asked.

"Point. Proven." I smiled at Hawkodile. Just then, Unikitty walked in and a heart appeared above me as well.

"Oh boy, this is gonna hurt." I  said before the heart fell on me, squaching me to Hawkodile's size.

"(Y/N)! What happened?" Unikitty asked, concerned. Hawkodile explained the situation, omitting who his crush was. I decided to go with Hawkodile to figure out what happened.
(Timeskip to the meteor shower brought to you by SPARKLES!)

"So who's your crush?" Hawkodile asked on top of the castle.

"Hey Hawkodile, (Y/N), you guys here for the meteor shower too? I didn't realize anyone else was up here." Dr. Fox said, scaring the pants off me and Hawkodile, who screamed like a schoolgirl. While they were talking about confessing and Dr. Fox "pretended" to be Hawk's crush while he confessed, I made my way downstairs to confess to mine. As I expected, she was in her room.

"Hey (Y/N), how are you? Did you confess to your crush yet?" She asked. My cheeks turned red.

"Actually Princess, that's why I'm here." I said, starting to get taller. Unikitty turned red, but not angry red, more embarrassed red.

"W-what do you mean?" She stammered. Unbeknownst to us, Hawk, Dr. Fox, Puppycorn and Richard peeked in the doorway.

"Princess, my crush...is you." I finally returned to normal size. The circles on Unikitty's cheeks turned to hearts, as she turned a brighter red.

"I...I don't know what to say... How long have you had these feelings for me?" She said with tears forming in her eyes. I explained that I liked her ever since the first day in CCL. In actuality, it was when I cuddled next to her on the sub with the other master builders. She stared into my eyes and me hers.

"You probably don't feel the same. I guess I'll go..." I said sadly. She placed a paw on my shoulder.
"Wait (Y/N), I...do. I do feel the same. I want to be your girlfriend." She said.

"Y-you do? Really?" I stuttered. She replied by hugging me tightly. Everyone "ooohhh"ed behind your back. Her ears folded down, making her look sad.

"Of course I do! You've been my best friend for years! To be honest, I'm suprised it took this long to find out." I felt tears of happiness and relief stroll down my face,  She hugged me again. I managed to speak through my tears and sniffles

"I-I lu-lu-love you, Uniki-ki-kitty!" I said happily. She hugged me tighter. By this point, everyone was gone, so we decided to go to bed as well.