Comfort Settings

K so before the story starts, here is a quick little add-on. This is kinda an AU fanfic cuz Ahsoka isn't his (Ani's) padawan, and he has a longer haircut than what is displayed in AotC. Also, as you can probs. tell, I can't spell to save my life so enjoy! Gonna try and post a new chapter every week. Now, let my true language art skills kick in!

----Actualy story starts... now------------------------------

Aria Cobalt. The name really seems to roll off the tongue, or so she is told. The first thing that comes to find when one finds themself thinking of a certain Jedi Knight is her sarcastic demeanor. Aria had always had a way with words, and for a blessing or for a curse, it suited the rest of her personality. Others, more so the male Jedi, fondly remember her daring green/blue eyes and blonde wavy curls. However, the most prominent thought about Aria is her kill list. Aria is nineteen, the youngest Jedi Knight in the order, and she has already killed two Sith apprentices and managed to blow up the Separatist base on a whim. Her force powers are off the charts but dangerously so. Everyone in the Temple vividly remembers the time when fourteen-year-old Aria wasn't allowed to go on a mission with her Master and accidentally lit everything in the Council Chamber of fire. That was a power like no other. The ability to use the force and set things on fire, or as she prefers, blow them up. This is what leads so many Padawans, Younglings, Knights, and Masters alike to keep her at a safe distance and watch her with a careful eye. Unlike the rest of the Jedi, Aria feels things. She knows when she is overly happy, ecstatic even, or angry but she doesn't hold back. If she has a problem with something, everyone on Coruscant is going to know about it. Aria frequently wins in clever insults and sarcastic replies to most everyone. She is witty like that. Though no one in the Temple has EVER seen Aria cry, she still has a soft part in her heart. No matter how small, it is still there. This is what sparks her instincts to kick in when she hears a faint whimper from a room down the hall. 

A few days ago:

The Jedi have been sent to Kashyyyk in order to keep a watchful eye on the Separatists and keep tensions between them and the Wookie inhabitants of the planet at rest. However, the peace didn't last long. Go figure. It wasn't long before the Separatist attacked and were hell-bent on destroying anything in their path. Following direct orders from the Council, Aria arrived at battle with her blue blade held high. Though there were many other Knights, Padawans, and Masters that were fully capable of leading the charge- certainly with more seniority than Aria- she took over. Commanding even the Jedi Masters- which no one could believe- she won the battle. 

It was a long two-day flight back from Kashyyk and it was currently 0300 hours Galactic Standard Time. Per usual, Aria couldn't sleep and snuck out to go grab some food. She lived in one of the larger, single, apartments on the seventeenth floor of the Jedi Temple. The lift ride was terrible for the majority of the time, it didn't even work. Thus, Aria was most commonly forced to use the stairs that were so steep, even the force couldn't keep someone from falling. She past several familiar Master/Padawan rooms on her descent down the hallway but that's when she heard it. The heart-stopping, pitiful, whimper than rang near silently throughout the hall. It was enough so to stop Aria in her tracks. She could vaguely pick up on a sense of distress, panic, and what was that- agonizing fear? She whirled around trying to discover where it was coming from. Luminara and her Padawan Barriss's room was in the general vicinity but was quickly ruled out. Luminara wasn't exactly the type to whine and neither was her Padawan. Continuing the investigation, she turned to Master Siri and her Padawan Ferus Olin's room. Once again, neither of them seemed like a likely match to the whimper. Ferus was arrogant, and in many ways similar to Aria but he lacked the skills with a lightsaber that she had. Siri was tough as nails, but not quite as tough of as Aria. Shaking her head, she continued to walk down the hallway. It was highly possible that this was just the result of spending three days out on the battlefield, two days in a ship, and not having slept in a week. As she pressed the button for the lift, a distinct, rather distinguishable, whine was sounded. Narrowing her eyes, she moved towards what was undoubtedly the source. Of course. The Kenobi-Skywalker residence. Aria knew for a fact that Kenobi was still on Kashyyk, aiding in the clean up and keeping the peace but his young Padawan was still here. He had fought hard in the battle but she had briefly seen him take a few hits. Still, why would he be whimpering at this hour? Curious, Aria pounded her fist to the door. From inside, she heard a acute gasp followed by the ruffling of clothing, the cling of something, and then a voice, broken and rhaspy. 

"What do you want?" 

Anakin Skywalker. 

"Everything okay?" she questioned through the door. 

"Everything's fine!" he snapped. 

Yet again, there was another sharp intake of air and something cling.

"It doesn't sound like everything is okay. I heard you-" she started before being cut off by the golden brown haired, blue eyed, boy's harsh voice.

"Just go! I said everything is fine!" 

If there was one thing Aria could sense, it was a bad lie. Without thinking twice about it, she used the force to unlock and open the door. Not announcing her presence, she crept inside and shut the door. Aria then proceeded to stalk through the house until she caught sight of his face. There he was, standing in the 'fresher, hand's covering the right side of his face near his eye. Aria gasped as he removed his hand and looked at his reflection in the mirror. Forget his 'everything is fine' joke, everything was certainly not fine. That was a lot of blood! Carefully, Aria strode into the 'fresher and grabbed his shoulders. Turning him to face her, she saw the dried blood on his blackened eye and then the dry tracks from salty tears. 

"What happened?" she questioned in a whisper.

He shrugged out of her grip and turned his back to Aria. His head dipped low as if in shame. Quickly, Aria moved in front of him and took him into her arms. 

"Lightsaber I take it? Let me help you out." Aria expressed as he rested his head on her shoulder. 

As tall as he was, he was still nearly a foot shorter than Aria. He liked to joke that she was half a Wookie and that explained her towering height. Moving quickly, Aria stepped from the embrace and grabbed a dark blue towel. Dousing it with cool water, she briefly wrung it out in the sink before pressing it gently to the cut on his eye. He winced at the cold sensation of the towel and the pressure she applied.

"Let's go sit down," Aria instructed as she passed the hold off to him. 

Taking a seat on the couch near his bed, Aria prompted him to sit next to her. 

"So that's what the whole whimp-" 

"Shut up." he grumbled as he tucked his knees to his chest. 

Aria gave a slight laugh before pulling a blanket over him and sending comforting waves through their force bond. This was just another one of those times when her 'comfort' settings kicked in. Typically, she didn't care if Ferus had sprained his wrist or Barriss scuffed her knee, but if something happened to Anakin, she was right there with him....