Chapter Thirteen: Life And a Phone Call

Kaneki's POV :
Pin-drop silence surrounded me as I layed down on my tender bed. Again...I was in my deep, deep sea of thoughts. What am I going to do tomorrow? I still got some stuff to find out about Jimin and his dad, or 'who's supposed to be' his dad. What should I do with Doctor Yamanaka when I'm done?

I went too deep.

I should kill Doctor Yamanaka before he does it to Satchi-Chan.

As I dived into my thoughts, a golden idea popped up in my mind. Okay, I'll set a plan for tomorrow. It will be the final move that will reveal everything.

As I got up from my bed, I stared at the sky above me through the window. I always wondered what was there, in that black world that engulfed the whole earth with its darkness. The stars were like jewels covering a black, silky cloth. The moon looked like something I knew. Oh...is that...Satchi-Chan's face? Yes it was.

So beautiful.

It was round and bright, just like Satchi-Chan's face.

Snapping back into reality, I remembered what I wanted to do.

I reached out for my phone and dialed a number : Dialing Takamura Katsumi.

"Hello?"
"Hey Kat."
"Oh, hello Kaneki. Why are you still awake?"
"I don't sleep."
"Oh. O-okay."
"Listen."
"Y-yes?"
"We're going to the police office tomorrow to look more deeply into Jimin's case. There's one step left to pass, one obstacle to cross. I'll come over to your house and pick you."
"Wait, how do you know where I-"
"Goodbye."

Call ended.

I sighed deeply as I threw my body on my bed again, staring at the ceiling, and not moving a muscle.

Jimin. Jimin. Jimin.

This word...

This name...

I couldn't think of anything these days except for Jimin.

And Satchi-Chan, of course.

And Doctor Yamanaka as well.

How did things reach that point just like that?

How did they become a life-and-death situation in a flash of a second?

Everything nice that I knew just...vanished.

Starting with Mum, Dad, the anteiku, and now...I guessed I was about to lose someone else : Satchi-Chan.

But that won't happen.

Not as long as I was here.

Because of the hard times I have been through, I became stronger.

Strong enough to hold onto life. Strong enough to do what I wanted to do. Strong enough to take the hardest decisions in life...and strong enough to protect the people I will always love no matter how much I'll change.

I'll always be strong.

And I'll always love.

I'm Kaneki Ken.

It was over after that.

I was no longer in the sea.

Everything went black.