The Sinnoh Grand Festival is here!

May's POV

I was outside the Pokémon centre in Jubilife City in the Sinnoh region, training my Blaziken and newly evolved Delacatty. This years Sinnoh Grand festival was being held here in Jubilife and I was so ready to win this.

The more training time my Pokémon have, the more capable we are of winning this time.
After losing to Drew at last years Grand Festival when we had a rematch in Hoenn, I felt determined that I was going to win this time. I have been training my Pokémon everyday since receiving my fifth ribbon which now gave me access to compete in this years Grand festival.

Deep down, I just knew I could finally win this. I could finally receive my first ribbon cup.

"Delcatty, Blaziken, time to practice for the appeal stage, let's go!" I pumped my fist in the air.

They responded with a small nod and got ready for their performance practice.

"Now, Delcatty use thunder above Blaziken and Blaziken use fire blast to counter it." I commanded.

When the attacks hit each other, this caused an explosion of sparkles due to the impact and collision of the two attacks.

"Top it off with a full power blizzard!"

"Blaziken, you use overheat towards the blizzard attack."

The two attacks collided and because of the force of the blizzard, it caused an upward spiral of the two attacks, creating a beautiful display of both fire and ice.

"Now finish with another thunder attack down centre!"

The thunder struck the centre of the spiral sending both the flames of the overheat and snow of the blizzard vanish in a mist of sparkles.

"Perfect, but maybe the beginning could use some work." I smiled at my Pokémon who were cheering with together and ran towards me.

Returning them to their poke balls, something or more like someone startled me when I turned around. A sweet smelling rose was stuck in my face before I could say anything. A familiar green head stood in my way to the Pokémon centre with that signature smirk of his.

"Not bad at all May." He commented on my training as I took the rose from his fingers.

"Let me guess Drew, this rose is for my Pokémon." I arched an eyebrow in question.

"Yeah, something like that." Drew shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be preparing for the Grand Festival? I mean, it does begin in a couple of hours you know." I asked him, twirling the rose around in my fingers.

"I'm already prepared. Although, maybe you aren't." He smirked at me.

"What do you mean I'm not prepared? I've been training a whole lot recently." I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Registration ends in five minutes you know." Drew explained to me.

I felt my expression change from confusion to panic within seconds.

"OH MY GOODNESS HOW COULD I FORGET!?" I squealed hurriedly and rushed right passed Drew, ignoring his questioning looks.

I ran through the city as fast as my legs could take me, to the hall where the festival was to be held. By the time I arrived, I was out of breath and I swear I felt myself faint for like a second.