The Deaths Of Carrie and Chris

It was just before class started.

Carrie was sitting on her chair backwards, straddling it, and was roughly kissing another girl. It seemed as if every move she made was directly throwing a middle finger to God; to everything she once was. Lewd clothing, sexual advances... homosexuality. Chis wondered if she was really bisexual now, or if she would just kiss anything with lips to give her mama the old middle finger. 

She had overheard a group of girl talking in the library one time. They didn't know that she was on the other side of the bookcase, watching them. They were just being dumb girls, until Carrie walked in, lewd as ever. They started whispering about how she was such a "bad girl" now. 

"I heard that she slept with Jason Heyson and his girlfriend, at the same time."

"I heard that she kissed Heather Stone right in front of the principal."

"I heard that she killed her mother so that she could finally get freaky." 

"She's such a s*ut."

"I'm sorry, what am I?" Chris put a hand to her mouth to stop herself from gasping with entertainment. She hated to admit that she kind of liked watching the girl that she was now referring to as, "B*tch Carrie," slam these girls down. "I'm a s*ut, huh?" She giggled, placing her hands on her hips, right beside her belly button, as if she was trying to show it off. "Exactly." And she went off.

"So weird seeing her like this." One girl said. Chris had stepped back from the bookshelf, grabbing the textbook and exiting the library as fast as she could. 

She looked back up from her desk at Carrie. Or, whoever this was. Sue was sitting at the back of the classroom, staring at Carrie nervously. Why was she working so hard to protect her? Carrie clearly didn't want, and didn't need it. She watched Sue cradle her stomach protectively. Yes, most of the people in school knew that Sue was pregnant. It was no big secret. Neither was the fact that Carrie was supposedly the kid's godmother. Chris couldn't help but feel jealous. She was Sue's best friend, she should have been it.

But no. Carrie White was obviously more righteous than her. She let out a scoff at that thought. If only Sue could see how she acted now. Although she already did; so why did she keep her around? Pity? Fear? A deliberate jab at Chris?

Either way, everyone knew it; no matter what happened to Carrie after the prom, they had all seen the death of Carrie White. 

And it was just about time for Chris to die too. If Carrie had died and become her, then Chris would have to die and become Carrie. She looked up at the roof. One of the panels had been slightly nudged. Billy saw to that. He had also set it up again. That's right; Chris was going to get the blood treatment. This time around, though, it wasn't her fault. She was going to make them believe that Carrie had done it. 

The teacher walked into the room, and got into attendance. Chris knew the plan. She would wait until he said her name, and the second she said, "here," Billy, who was waiting outside the window, would pull the cord. It was fake blood this time; she didn't have the time to kill another farm animal. 

Meanwhile, as the attendance ran through, Carrie noticed that the panel hd been moved. She focused her mind. Something was off here. That's when she heard it. Drip, Drip, Drip. 

The blood still drips. 

"Christine Hargenson?" The teacher called. 

Chris gave a horrible, awful, evil smile. "Here." She said. Carrie looked up at the ceiling panel, now shaking in the slightest way. She stood up. 

"Oh my god!" She reached her arm out instinctively, as Chris waited in anticipation for the blood to fall. But nothing came. Just screams. 

Chris opened her eyes. She looked down at herself. No blood. Then, why were people screaming? Was it because it had fallen in the first place? She saw Carrie, standing still, her eyes dull and glazed over with fear. 

"Carrie?" Chris's own voice echoed in her ears, the screaming blurring her thoughts. Slowly, she turned around to face the wall. Chris screamed as well at the sight of it. Something about Carrie reaching out had done something.

Because all the blood that should have fallen on her was now splattered against the window.